Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Hartford, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is NO signage at these spots in West Hartford. Nothing.

Anyone know the deal Tesla has regarding this location? Does Tesla pay for the spaces? If we know Tesla is paying of the spaces I would talk to the manager of Red Robbins as I believe it is an employee. I've seen the car there when I used this location as well. However, I'm guessing that the complete lack of signage suggests Tesla doesn't have exclusivity to the spots.

I was in W. Hartford today too, (PeterK I may have seen your car, do you have red wheel decals?).
I had printed out some flyers to put on the windshield of people ICE-ing spots but I forgot the flyers.
It was also raining/drizzling/etc and wouldn't have worked well. In Darien (SB) on the way down it
was a complete zoo, not unlike the Merritt Parkway SC.

There is NO signage at these spots in West Hartford. Nothing.

Anyone know the deal Tesla has regarding this location? Does Tesla pay for the spaces? If we know Tesla is paying of the spaces I would talk to the manager of Red Robbins as I believe it is an employee. I've seen the car there when I used this location as well. However, I'm guessing that the complete lack of signage suggests Tesla doesn't have exclusivity to the spots.
More likely the signs just aren't up yet. Lots of superchargers have opened before the signs were put up.

I was in W. Hartford today too, (PeterK I may have seen your car, do you have red wheel decals?).
I had printed out some flyers to put on the windshield of people ICE-ing spots but I forgot the flyers.
It was also raining/drizzling/etc and wouldn't have worked well. In Darien (SB) on the way down it
was a complete zoo, not unlike the Merritt Parkway SC.

Yep that was my car - sorry I missed you, Ed. I went to the sub place past the Best Buy. Charged for 20 minutes, picked up 100 miles after arriving with 85. I got the decals from someone on this forum - Sig red for my winter wheels and blue for my summers. You may have noticed the small dent on my rear passenger door, from someone flinging open their door as I drove by them a couple days ago - great way to start the year.

I was at Red Robin this evening but didn't say anything because I find it hard to complain a spot is taken when a) there are no signs, and b) 7 others were open...

Yep that was my car - sorry I missed you, Ed. I went to the sub place past the Best Buy. Charged for 20 minutes, picked up 100 miles after arriving with 85. I got the decals from someone on this forum - Sig red for my winter wheels and blue for my summers. You may have noticed the small dent on my rear passenger door, from someone flinging open their door as I drove by them a couple days ago - great way to start the year.

I was at Red Robin this evening but didn't say anything because I find it hard to complain a spot is taken when a) there are no signs, and b) 7 others were open...

Sorry to hear about your door...I didn't notice it, too busy navigating the ice.
I'll remember about the sub shop for next time.

Sorry to hear about your door...I didn't notice it, too busy navigating the ice.
I'll remember about the sub shop for next time.

I was looking for a Starbucks in Corbin's Corner and found a D'Angelos first. I was only charging briefly so that worked. Very handy to have the new charger open there - made my spur of the moment trip to northwestern CT possible.

This location was completely out of service last Friday night (1/30/15), and 7/8 spots ICE'd out to boot. I stopped for Trader Joe's, and thankfully didn't absolutely need a charge. I ended up providing my home charger to a Long Island resident on his way home from VT (not as quick but better Restaurants!). He didn't have enough to make it to Milford. Called Tesla and they said they were sending someone out Saturday to investigate the problem, and making note that signage needs improved. Hope no one else was impacted this past weekend. It would be good to know if the site is back online.

This location was completely out of service last Friday night (1/30/15), and 7/8 spots ICE'd out to boot. I stopped for Trader Joe's, and thankfully didn't absolutely need a charge. I ended up providing my home charger to a Long Island resident on his way home from VT (not as quick but better Restaurants!). He didn't have enough to make it to Milford. Called Tesla and they said they were sending someone out Saturday to investigate the problem, and making note that signage needs improved. Hope no one else was impacted this past weekend. It would be good to know if the site is back online.

That stinks. Thanks for calling it in. Can one of the local folks stop by and check on it? Thanks.

Here's what it looked like. The 3rd Model S arrived shortly after and took the last spot.
IMG_1880.JPG

I sent basically my above message, plus a recommendation that they improve signage and enforcement, to Tesla via the Model S Owner Feedback link on Teslamotors.com Contact Us section. I received this response:

> Thank you for your feedback on our West Hartford Supercharger. I have passed your feedback along to our Supercharging team so that we can make improvements at that location.

Completely Ice-d tonight including the real ice in the unplowed spot. Too cold for a pic (single digits). A CT owner came and complained to the manager, I had already spoken to an in-duh-vidual and we both ended up charging. Did I then mention the 30 minute wait for the table (fortunately in the quieter over 21 section).
Then I ended up in a long phone conversation with the RR district manager who comped the 3 of us dinner.

Loads of traffic in Hartford and on 91S and in New Haven which is why I ended up here....