Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Hartford, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if the temps may be contributing, but the last time I charged here temps were mild. I also stopped at Newark, East Brunswick and Tarrytown a couple of days ago with the same temps and the charge was normal. I would expect others to report negative experiences if this was a chronic deficiency. Maybe my sample of two is insufficient to make a fair judgment. The Nav also showed 2 of 8 stalls in use when nobody was there when I arrived. Had the same issue in Chester, VA recently, so that feature is not always perfect, not that it had any impact on my use.

image.jpg
As of 15jan2018 this location says “Temporary closure” on my NAV screen.

Any ideas?

View attachment 273443 As of 15jan2018 this location says “Temporary closure” on my NAV screen.

Any ideas?

Expanding? And feel they can afford to close it temporarily now that Manchester CT is live?

Could make sense, but you’d think they would more proactively communicate a closure to Tesla owners. And/or wait until Danbury’s live to help cover things from that direction (Waterbury is still in very early stages).

I'll try to stop by some time later this week or this weekend as I'm in the area. In terms of parking location, those superchargers were a pain to back into (backing to your left while on an angle down a hill in traffic). I'd love for them to move those 8 and build 16 new ones on the far end of the parking lot.

Interesting. it still shows up on the map at Tesla.com under "Find Us."
The new Manchester location may be intended as a replacement. I tried it once about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday. The traffic in the multiple malls around there make it tedious to access.

I charged there last Sunday after a trip to the Woodstock music reunion in Bethel NY. 4 stalls were available but only 2 available when departing. No one appeared to have an problem. Near the concert, we stayed in Roscoe,NY and used the downtown SuC at the famous Roscoe Diner. If in the area, you must try this diner.

Reactions: mmccord
I charged there last Sunday after a trip to the Woodstock music reunion in Bethel NY. 4 stalls were available but only 2 available when departing. No one appeared to have an problem. Near the concert, we stayed in Roscoe,NY and used the downtown SuC at the famous Roscoe Diner. If in the area, you must try this diner.

Hope you had a good time. I saw a dark silver S with MA plates leaving santana Saturday night, perhaps it was you.