Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Lebanon NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, @SlyuterCapital,

Encouraging news as I would like to take the family to Montreal for a vacation in August.

But EVTripPlanner.com tells me 183.4 miles from West Lebanon Supercharger to Montreal Supercharger. 220 rated miles assuming P85+ driving at 10% over speed limit. Is the key difference with your trip that you followed the speed limit exactly?

Thanks,
Alan
I believe the speed factor in EVtripplanner is based on the average speed on the highway, not the speed limit. So unless you're planning to drive 10% faster than everyone else, you should be fine using a speed factor of 1.0.

But EVTripPlanner.com tells me 183.4 miles from West Lebanon Supercharger to Montreal Supercharger. 220 rated miles assuming P85+ driving at 10% over speed limit.

If you stay in downtown at a place with destination charging, you will shave 10 miles off the trip, so range is not really an issue in the Summer, except maybe for people with 60s.

The mention of 10/30 is interesting, because two years ago that location was actually projected to host the first Supercharger in Quebec. However, sometime in late 2013 its dot disappeared when the one for Drummondville showed up.

Fast forward to Jan '15 when the 2-stall site at the Montreal center was awaiting utility hookup. TM refreshed the projected Supercharger maps and a dot reappeared a bit West of 10/30 for 2016, but curiously there was nothing for the center's Superchargers. Then, when those two pedestals went live in Montreal, the 2016 dot on A-30 on the South shore once again disappeared.

It would be a nice location, but South Burlington will also work for most people heading to Ottawa or Montreal from New England. For the exceptions, a Supercharger at 10/55 in Magog wouldn't be a bad idea.

Hey all... I'm here!

I thought I'd post some night shots. It's currently drizzling after raining and is quite foggy. It's 9:55p at night. Food shopper appears open but everything else is closed.

af0e714d391972e42d2a4d61b7c73df0.jpg

e314faa5dc263cdd42a03e12cbca9033.jpg

2f95be23efb409d3d7ec80644b9d7910.jpg

The infamous pole..

b24496d79634b41c9838e478e4f65e99.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, kind sir!

The speed limit was 65 for most of the route and I set the cruise at 70. Therefore 7% over. Going up the hills was not an issue because there was lots of regeneration on the way down. At one point my 30 mile average usage was 217 watt hours per mile! Took my average for the trip to 312 wh/m.

Your 183.4 miles makes sense because I had 77 remaining. 183.4 + 77 = 260 which is a full charge. Therefore put on cruise at 70 and you will get rated.

Charging here now. First stall was charging around 200mi/hr...switched to another and it's at 169mi/hr. I was at Hooksett earlier and it was charging at 300+ right of the bat but tapered sharply to the mid to low 200's when I got over 200 miles remaining battery left. Should have just waited for Burlington to charge, too much time wasted in traffic for not enough miles!

I stopped here for a charge for the first time on Friday night, October 14, 2016. We approached the site from the north (from a motel near I-89), using the navigation system for guidance. The Nav got us into the approximate location, but pointed to an area of the parking lot in front of the supermarket. We drove around for 5 minutes or more (it seemed longer because we had friends with us and it was embarrassing!), looking for the doggone charging stalls. Finally we found the location at the side of the building, completely out of sight from the entrance -- and hundreds of yards from where the Nav arrow was pointing on the screen! Once we got there it was great, of course. Except that another issue is that it is confusing to figure out which side of the kiosks to park on. Another car was there already so we followed their lead, and realized we had parked on the wrong side and had to move so that the cord would reach. (The clue is to see which way the "Tesla parking only" signs face -- towards the street, away from the building). So, minor problem.
Later in the weekend, on Sunday, we went there again before starting our trip back to Mass., approaching from the south (coming north on Rte. 12A), and of course you can see the superchargers easily from the road in daylight.
Got a good charge rate there both times, so no complaints there. And waited out the charge with food at Panera Bread nearby!

As a heads up, there was a posting on plugshare this afternoon that output at West Leb is severely limited. Best to stop at Berlin or Hooksett if heading up/down 89 until someone reports it OK. My car is too full to effectively test them this weekend.

West Lebanon Supercharger | Lebanon, NH | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Jessica Mar 3, 2017 12:48 PM
Started at 0mi/hr, made it all the way to 50mi/hr after 40 minutes. Tesla map says "Reduced service"... which is an understatement. Tried 1A, 3B, and 4A; same thing at all of them.

In an emergency, the 4 Chargepoints in the Hanover town garage are available 24/7. See plugshare for info.

My car is too full to effectively test them this weekend.
After a spontaneous trip yesterday, I stopped by West Lebanon this morning. My battery is cool (cold soaked overnight, followed by a 20 mile drive; arrived at the SC with a 150kw per limit. Starting at 18%, I'm getting 75kW at 2B.

Edit - hit 85kW @37% as battery warmed.

Last edited:
It's not marked as slow anymore, but it is still slow.

Hit 109kW at 31%, but quickly fell to 83kW at 38% and didn't get much better for the rest of the charge, kept tapering off. Went to hooksett immediately after, peaked at 112kW at 45% not tapering to under 84kW until ~65%. Hooksett is roughly about 20kW faster for large portions of charge, probably around 29kW better at peak.