Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Lebanon NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates for the wary (or should I say unwary?). It should never be a crapshoot when nav plans a stop at a supercharger.
My father and I were there last night and everything was working perfect. We saw a few other cars stop also. I don’t see any construction going on at all but everything worked great. I also noticed there was no service warnings or anything like that via car interface.

V3’s are live…

Charging right now at 11 (reading left to right). 1A-2D stickers are not yet installed, but the nav says “16 stalls, up to 250kW.”

image.jpg

All the chargers are working now.
yes - but the picture shows 'wrong side charging'!!!!

with the V3s it doesn't much matter (could be a 'feature'? half the chance of ICEing?) but the V2 it makes it hard to pair properly.

it's not just this layout. the Berlin VT 'drive though' setup is also at risk. I've had to reposition there to get an unpaired unit even though at first I thought I was correct...

Reactions: Fiver
V3’s are live…

Charging right now at 11 (reading left to right). 1A-2D stickers are not yet installed, but the nav says “16 stalls, up to 250kW.”

View attachment 842805
Hmm... no labels suggests maybe the site hasn't been visited by the commissioning team - but may have been turned on by the contractor. Just a guess. Glad it's working!

Reactions: kayak1
yes - but the picture shows 'wrong side charging'!!!!

with the V3s it doesn't much matter (could be a 'feature'? half the chance of ICEing?) but the V2 it makes it hard to pair properly.

it's not just this layout. the Berlin VT 'drive though' setup is also at risk. I've had to reposition there to get an unpaired unit even though at first I thought I was correct...
Need a "ONE WAY - DO NOT ENTER" sign as you approach from the Price Chopper lot to direct the traffic around the electrical equipment to the correct side. Just too easy to drive in on the wrong side.

Full house mid-day yesterday at West Lebanon. The V3 expansion is a very welcome addition to this site!

There were at least four cars here charging from the MassTuning TrackFest Electric Day yesterday at Canaan Motor Club (myself included). They had their first event last year, and this year's event was also well attended by a large number of Tesla's along with a variety of other EV's. They had five 9kW L2's installed last year for the event, and a desire to add more L2's, solar and hopefully L3 at or near the track to avoid the half hour drive to and from West Lebanon which is the nearest L3 (Tesla and EA).

IMG_8492.jpeg

Have said this before, but Exit 9 on I-89 in Warner would be perfect. Easy off, easy on. Market Basket, NH Liquor, couple places to get food/restrooms and about about 30 miles from Hookset and 40 miles to West Lebanon.
Good idea - I submitted it to Tesla's twitter thread requesting Supercharge location suggestions (their tweet request is a month old, but figured I'd give it a shot): https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1567905740022497281

Looks like Warner didn't make the cut this time for the current voting...

Yeah, I got an email from Tesla that said "Your Supercharger selection was chosen!" or some such - and got excited that Warner was it. Then realized it was for some other site I also happened to vote for? I'm not really sure, can't remember what I clicked on... We'll just have to try again next time.

Yeah, I got an email from Tesla that said "Your Supercharger selection was chosen!" or some such - and got excited that Warner was it. Then realized it was for some other site I also happened to vote for? I'm not really sure, can't remember what I clicked on... We'll just have to try again next time.
I'm so dissappointed by the blindness of the votes. Alot of those who voted probably don't own a TESLA and just want more superchargers in their location.

But, several TESLA owners wants to drive on I-89, but, the population doesn't warrant enough a high enough population of voters that exceeds the capacity that is along the most travel corridor, I-93.

Such BS.

Reactions: kayak1
I'm so dissappointed by the blindness of the votes. Alot of those who voted probably don't own a TESLA and just want more superchargers in their location.

But, several TESLA owners wants to drive on I-89, but, the population doesn't warrant enough a high enough population of voters that exceeds the capacity that is along the most travel corridor, I-93.

Such BS.
Demonstrating the dangers of direct democracy in real time.

Tesla could easily figure out optimal placement by analyzing reachability from map data. They also know already where existing Tesla owners live. The voting is an exercise in futility.

Demonstrating the dangers of direct democracy in real time.

Tesla could easily figure out optimal placement by analyzing reachability from map data. They also know already where existing Tesla owners live. The voting is an exercise in futility.

They know where Tesla owners live and are going. They also know where they aren't going, but they don't know if or how much they want to go there.

Tesla is also trying to sell vehicles to non-owners, and they don't know where they live or want to go.

Reactions: Johnny Vector
They know where Tesla owners live and are going. They also know where they aren't going, but they don't know if or how much they want to go there.

Tesla is also trying to sell vehicles to non-owners, and they don't know where they live or want to go.
People who own cars drive where there are roads. This is not hard. 1. Make all roads reachable. 2. Scale depending on demand. They didn't do 1 yet.

People who own cars drive where there are roads. This is not hard. 1. Make all roads reachable. 2. Scale depending on demand. They didn't do 1 yet.
Oh yeah, super easy balancing the existing and projected needs along major highways while trying to grow supply on minor highways without being a huge money drain, and at the same time dealing with landowners, cities, counties, states, and their various permitting agencies. Definitely nothing difficult there.

ObXkcd: Long Light