Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Lebanon NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll stop by :-D

You're welcome anytime! Even after W Leb is open.
They said one of the CHAdeMOs was only 20kW (if it works). Maybe I misunderstood her but that strikes me as a waste of time. I know 20 kW helps non-Tesla EVs but even they would be better off with more watts! It's not worth spending that kind of money for 20kW.

I had some travelers stop at my house for 80A over the weekend on their way south from Montreal. They didn't intend to come here. They tried 2 of the relatively new CHAdeMOs that were installed in VT and neither one of them worked using Tesla's CHAdeMO adapter. I routinely get people traveling to and From Montreal stopping at my house although not as much since Hooksett opened. When W Leb opens I don't ever expect to get anybody stopping here.

Actually, there's still a gap between Boston and let's say Eastern Township/Montréal... unless people uses CHAdeMO stations, problem will not be solved... 2 key SuperChargers: Plattsburgh for the West side and South Burlington for the East side... Unfortunately, Tesla is "tick-tock" it with these 2...

They should be awaken before the fall's freezing awaken them... this is real serious...

Just amazed that these 2 aren't even on permit status...

I had some travelers stop at my house for 80A over the weekend on their way south from Montreal. They didn't intend to come here. They tried 2 of the relatively new CHAdeMOs that were installed in VT and neither one of them worked using Tesla's CHAdeMO adapter. I routinely get people traveling to and From Montreal stopping at my house although not as much since Hooksett opened. When W Leb opens I don't ever expect to get anybody stopping here.

You know I'm stopping by. Soon, even!

Thank you Depeche Mode, that's very helpful information. This summer we're planning to go to Ottawa (Gatineau), Montreal, and the Eastern Townships. My husband will want to take his car (the Tesla) but I'm still skeptical. I'm less adventurous than many on here!

Hello to everyone!

Following our trip to Montreal (see other post) I decided to send in my comments to a variety of people @ Tesla. Please find below what we got from them so far:

"Thank you for your email and feedback. Our station near Lebanon, NH is approaching the construction stage and should be open in the coming months. We are actively working on our site in the Burlington, VT area with the goal of opening this site around the Summer however we cannot make guarantees about opening dates. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website and in your Model S – so you can frequently take those road trips with ease.
We appreciate your patience, enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology."

Thank you Depeche Mode, that's very helpful information. This summer we're planning to go to Ottawa (Gatineau), Montreal, and the Eastern Townships. My husband will want to take his car (the Tesla) but I'm still skeptical. I'm less adventurous than many on here!

I don't see any danger for the Eastern Township to Ottawa trip...

You charge (even at 90% stage...) before hitting the road from let's say Knowlton...

Knowlton - Montréal Supercharger is about 109 km... (more or less 65 miles)

for the Montréal - Ottawa trip it's only 188 km so it's easily doable...

You have plenty of L2 chargers in Ottawa for your way back

plugshare.com is your friend!

Have a nice trip!

Tesla rep says construction about to start?

In the new Seabrook Supercharger thread, this link to an article in the Eagle-Tribune was posted by emupilot and memcd:

http://www.eagletribune.com/busines...cle_3d6cadc4-62b3-5166-9c56-4c8c81b1f643.html

The article is dated yesterday, and has this interesting quote from Tesla's Jesse Karp:

In New Hampshire, this would be the fourth Tesla charging station, according to northeast installation manager Jesse Karp. There are two in the rest areas, both north- and south-bound, on Interstate 93 in Hooksett. Another will be breaking ground in West Lebanon on Monday, he said, and there are others near the Sagamore Bridge on Cape Cod and in Auburn, Mass., he said.

So it sound like Tesla is breaking ground on the West Leb supercharger tomorrow!

I won't be in the area for a while - if anyone's around (hcsharp?), can you make a pass by and report?

Last edited:
I'm driving to Burlington VT next month, staying a few days. It's clearly easy to get there from Hooksett, Brattleboro, or Albany, but not enough charge left for a round trip. I'll probably be able to charge on 110 long enough to get back, but if I want to drive around Burlington a bit it would be best to have at least a L2 charger available for range assurance. Anyone have any favorites I could try?

I'm driving to Burlington VT next month, staying a few days. It's clearly easy to get there from Hooksett, Brattleboro, or Albany, but not enough charge left for a round trip. I'll probably be able to charge on 110 long enough to get back, but if I want to drive around Burlington a bit it would be best to have at least a L2 charger available for range assurance. Anyone have any favorites I could try?

There appear to be a few. Mostly located in garages. Try plugshare.

I stopped by there today and they've made a lot of progress in 2 days. The contractor is from NY and said it was his 2nd install. He's traveling 5 hrs each way every week and staying locally in a hotel during the week. It will have 8 stalls. A lot of the conduit is already laid. He's expecting to install the bollards some time next week.

I stopped by there today and they've made a lot of progress in 2 days. The contractor is from NY and said it was his 2nd install. He's traveling 5 hrs each way every week and staying locally in a hotel during the week. It will have 8 stalls. A lot of the conduit is already laid. He's expecting to install the bollards some time next week.
Thanks for the report. Are they in the small side lot next to the store, where I took the pictures (see post #20 up thread)?

Questions _politely_ to ask of Supercharger crews:
1. When will your work be done?
2. When do you think the Supercharger will be open?
3. Where are you going next?
4. Have you bid on any other Supercharger installs?

Maybe we can Wiki it. :)

If anybody talks to the workers at the West Lebanon site, tell them to hurry up and get their butts back to Newburgh, NY and finish the Supercharger there. The Newburgh SC appears to be 95 percent done, but nothing at all is happening there this week. Very frustrating.
Are they waiting for the power company or local inspections? Both have been known to take some time.