Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Lebanon NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This tree might be a goner if they add the big charger cabinets here - note the circle around it.
03D8B7D4-849F-4B4C-94DD-FA0C759B0069.jpeg

Good to know. I've yet to experience that.

How do they show in the nav?
I think it shows the maximum charge rate at the site - with the total number of stalls. So Brattleboro should now be 16 stalls, max 250kW and that's what West Lebanon will show when the expansion is done. There are no current plans to remove the existing V2 stalls that I am aware of. But I would hope Tesla will deliver 250kW & 120 (or 150?)kW signage to affix to each stall - not that many owners will necessarily know what these mean or how it should influence where they elect to plug in.

I think it shows the maximum charge rate at the site - with the total number of stalls. So Brattleboro should now be 16 stalls, max 250kW and that's what West Lebanon will show when the expansion is done. There are no current plans to remove the existing V2 stalls that I am aware of. But I would hope Tesla will deliver 250kW & 120 (or 150?)kW signage to affix to each stall - not that many owners will necessarily know what these mean or how it should influence where they elect to plug in.
Always look for stalls #C & #D, use any of the matching # as V2 are in pairs and V3's are in a four pack.

We are getting pretty off topic, but in regards to the mix site in Brattleboro they don't have any markings beyond the stall labels at the base. Last time I charged there I kept having to politely suggest to Model 3/Y/Plaid owners that moving over to the 250kW stalls would provide them a nice boost in charge speeds. In each case they had no idea there were different kinds of superchargers. Can't fault them either as there are no markings at all to tell the untrained owners of this fact beyond someone telling them about the cable size. Even then there are only a few mix sites where this would even come up. For most people its pull in and plug into whatever is available.

It's almost certain that once the Lebanon addition is complete most people will still just pull into the closest stalls when they enter.

/edit. We need someone to whip up some tasteful "Best for Model 3/Y and 2021 or later Model S/X" and "Best for 2013-2020 Model S/X" stickers.
Or maybe keep it simple and make it "Best for Model 3/Y" and "Best for Model S/X" stickers. If you own a Plaid car you can figure it out on your own :cool:

Last edited:
We are getting pretty off topic, but in regards to the mix site in Brattleboro they don't have any markings beyond the stall labels at the base. Last time I charged there I kept having to politely suggest to Model 3/Y/Plaid owners that moving over to the 250kW stalls would provide them a nice boost in charge speeds. In each case they had no idea there were different kinds of superchargers. Can't fault them either as there are no markings at all to tell the untrained owners of this fact beyond someone telling them about the cable size. Even then there are only a few mix sites where this would even come up. For most people its pull in and plug into whatever is available.

It's almost certain that once the Lebanon addition is complete most people will still just pull into the closest stalls when they enter.

/edit. We need someone to whip up some tasteful "Best for Model 3/Y and 2021 or later Model S/X" and "Best for 2013-2020 Model S/X" stickers.
Or maybe keep it simple and make it "Best for Model 3/Y" and "Best for Model S/X" stickers. If you own a Plaid car you can figure it out on your own :cool:
Good suggestion. I'm not sure how Tesla would feel about adding such community created labels to their equipment - regardless of how well intentioned it was.

You would think Tesla would provide an output labeling kit to the contractor doing a site upgrade. It should be added to the bill of materials for the job automatically you would think. I know there haven't really been many expansions in the Northeast yet that add v3's to an existing v2 site - Brattleboro may be the first, with this site being the second. Both jobs are by the same contractor. I've been to other mixed v2/v3 sites across the country and I know some are labeled. Maybe Tesla leaves it up to the commissioning team to sort out stall power labeling - I know they do the numbering....

Reactions: kayak1
Good suggestion. I'm not sure how Tesla would feel about adding such community created labels to their equipment - regardless of how well intentioned it was.

You would think Tesla would provide an output labeling kit to the contractor doing a site upgrade. It should be added to the bill of materials for the job automatically you would think. I know there haven't really been many expansions in the Northeast yet that add v3's to an existing v2 site - Brattleboro may be the first, with this site being the second. Both jobs are by the same contractor. I've been to other mixed v2/v3 sites across the country and I know some are labeled. Maybe Tesla leaves it up to the commissioning team to sort out stall power labeling - I know they do the numbering....
Don't the Kettleman 250's have little markers on the top of the charger that state they are 250kW? I remember seeing something like that I think. Even that would be helpful.

/edit. Yea, they do.

wyq7bv00v4w51.jpg

Don't the Kettleman 250's have little markers on the top of the charger that state they are 250kW? I remember seeing something like that I think. Even that would be helpful.

/edit. Yea, they do.

View attachment 825209

The point I think I was making was that this combination of V2 & V3 at a single location is still a somewhat new situation. In typical Tesla fashion, they are probably trying something one of these sties, looking at the data to see if it solves a problem, and iterating on that solution for future locations.

I do think we'll see some kind of labeling at both Brattleboro and West Lebanon at some point to differentiate V2 and V3 stalls.

For anyone expecting to charge at this site - ensure you look at your nav first! Someone on FB reported a short time ago the site is reporting as temporary closure in-car today. This may mean the transformer replacement is underway or immanent. I think, but am not certain, that the site downtime would be exclusive to the transformer replacement and not an extended duration shutdown for the whole project.

West Lebanon is 100%, positively down. DO NOT PLAN TO CHARGE HERE!

For anyone expecting to charge at this site - ensure you look at your nav first! Someone on FB reported a short time ago the site is reporting as temporary closure in-car today. This may mean the transformer replacement is underway or immanent. I think, but am not certain, that the site downtime would be exclusive to the transformer replacement and not an extended duration shutdown for the whole project.
"Transformer? What transformer?"
no_xfmr.jpg

Fuses are also disconnected at the pole. Also looks like feeders from the bottoms of the fuses may have been cut/removed?
no_fuse.jpg

EDIT: Still no permit listed, but I don't believe one is necessary for Liberty to replace/upgrade the transformer.

Last edited:
West Lebanon is 100%, positively down. DO NOT PLAN TO CHARGE HERE!

"Transformer? What transformer?"
View attachment 827191

Fuses are also disconnected at the pole. Also looks like feeders from the bottoms of the fuses may have been cut/removed?
View attachment 827190

EDIT: Still no permit listed, but I don't believe one is necessary for Liberty to replace/upgrade the transformer.
Well, that's not good. I guess a quick rip and replace of the transformer isn't what they came up with for a plan. :eek:

@tes-s @corywright thoughts on marking this as temporary closure on supercharge.info? I can't imagine they would have pulled the transformer without having a plan to replace it quickly but....

Last edited:
Well, that's not good. I guess a quick rip and replace of the transformer isn't what they came up with for a plan. :eek:

@tes-s @corywright thoughts on marking this as temporary closure on supercharge.info? I can't imagine they would have pulled the transformer without having a plan to replace it quickly but....
I should have added, I'll check every day or two and post an update when the situation changes.

I don't supposed they will take an opportunity to also add restrooms and and place to eat as well? I've been in the price chopper far too many times (if it's even open), never a big fan of this site several lights off the highway, but it is extremely important as there are a lack of chargers in NH and VT, especially CCS. Sharing has always been an issue and confusing as most people park on the wrong side. They should have put them on the road side edge of the lot in the first place. So glad to finally see some 250kWs though