Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Los Angeles, CA - W. Olympic Blvd. (LIVE 19 Nov 2022, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

16 V3 stalls are coming soon to West Los Angeles!!

New plans have been filed for Tesla to build an array of charging stations (16 V3 stalls, 44 Tesla HPWC, 44 J1772) at the newly refurbished Trident Center, on 11355 W Olympic Blvd. From what I understand, the drawings have been issued, so Tesla can now file their own permits.

1639851587025.png

Just blocks away from me (so I'll never need it). I've been watching the redevelopment of this structure. Making steady progress.
While right next to the 405, it has some mildly peculiar access.
Heading southbound, there is easy access, with an Olympic/Pico exit. Getting back on the 405 south requires driving a mile or so back down to National. No big whoop.
Northbound, one would have to get off at National and drive north (again, no big whoop), though there is easy access back onto the 405-N right there at Sepulveda.

Reactions: Doug Martoccia
Stopped by today. Happy to report that construction of these superchargers not only started some time ago, but looks complete. However, these chargers are in a new building that is far from complete. I walked into the parking lot and grabbed some pics. A construction worker asked why I was there, and told him to report on the progress. He was pleasant enough about it, though asked me to leave since I didn't have a hard-hat on. I asked him when these would be open, and he just looked at me and laughed. :p

Entrance is on Corinth, the side street off Olympic, behind a parking gate. I have no clue if there will be a fee or anything.

OLYMPIC 3.jpg
OLYMPIC 4.jpg
OLYMPIC 1.jpg
OLYMPIC 2.jpg

I stopped by 2 days ago, and the construction of this location does indeed look complete. I looked for the transformer, but could not find one nor a pad. It is possible it was there, maybe even with those cabinets. To be honest, I had a booster shot the day before and could barely move that day, let alone walk around searching. I did manage to drive around the back of the building outside.

The hold up is the building. It is mostly done, and powered up with beautiful lighting. My guess is that it still has a couple of months to go.

Access from the 405 southbound is easy, but getting back onto southbound is a little bit
IMG_1395.jpg
IMG_1396.jpg
IMG_1397.jpg
IMG_1398.jpg
IMG_1397.jpg
further. Not that bad though. Vice-versa, access from northbound is definitely further (exit National), but getting back on to northbound is easy.

Pics below.

It's live. Lot of construction near by but plenty of signage for tesla charging. Also a number of level 2 options, some white and some black faced (J1772 vs Tesla handles). Doesn't appear to be a paid parking lot either.

Attachments

• 20221119_130939.jpg
    20221119_130939.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 20221119_131015.jpg
    20221119_131015.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 20221119_130048.jpg
    20221119_130048.jpg
    615.4 KB · Views: 107
Convenient and fast, but there currently are no amenities here. I could use some coffee and a bathroom.
While there may not be any immediate amenities, there are more than a dozen restaurants less than 1 block away. Panda Express, a couple of sushi spots, and of course, all the amazing Sawtelle restaurants making up Little Tokyo. For a quick grab-n-go, I highly recommend the incredible Nijiya market. This is an amazing Japanese market with an incredible selection of fresh sushi bowls and platters in the very front of the market. I actually drive over there often just to pick up lunch.

As far as bathrooms go, I do not know. It is possible that there will be some as the upstairs building opens up, but if so, they would probably be secured from public use. We will see soon enough.

Reactions: Dyhppy and 1100MCM