Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Melbourne, FL [Operational]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by the charger today since I was in the neighborhood, just to check on its progress. Still not quite ready.
west_melbourne_sc.jpg

Reactions: Thinkje and Acps110
I stopped by the Melbourne location this afternoon. Transformers are all installed, I didn't see a power meter, but I couldn't get too close and the crew was still working. But it looks like all major components
are in.

One thing I never seen at any other location is that the pedestals each serve two parking spots. The pedestals are located between the parking spots.

Lots of fast food at this location!

IMG_0847.JPG
IMG_0849.JPG
IMG_0850.JPG

I stopped by the Melbourne location this afternoon. Transformers are all installed, I didn't see a power meter, but I couldn't get too close and the crew was still working. But it looks like all major components
are in.

One thing I never seen at any other location is that the pedestals each serve two parking spots. The pedestals are located between the parking spots.

Lots of fast food at this location!
Hi Bruce,
Thanks.

I don't see any transformers in the photos.

Please forgive me if you already know this, but the cabinets in the partially built enclosure are the Supercharger cabinets and high voltage switch gear.

The transformers will be large green boxes usually located in a public right of way. They are likely to be located in the green space, see below.

West Mebourne Supercharger vicinity 2.png

Those charging terminals look to be the regular terminals and they only have one charging cable each. I think that those adjacent terminal serve one parking spot in each row of parking.

Larry

Last edited:
I think their intention with this layout is to utilize parking on each side of the stalls. For the ones that seem to split a parking spot (where the arrows are pointing in the pic below) I don't think the charge cord would reach the car in the parking spot on the front side of this picture.... They would service the back side from the POV of the below picture.

IMG_0849.JPG

Hi Bruce,
Thanks.

I don't see any transformers in the photos.

Please forgive me if you already know this, but the cabinets in the partially built enclosure are the Supercharger cabinets and high voltage switch gear.

The transformers will be large green boxes usually located in a public right of way. They are likely to be located in the green space, see below.

View attachment 259015

Those charging terminals look to be the regular terminals and they only have one charging cable each. I think that those adjacent terminal serve one parking spot in each row of parking.

Larry
Okay. I'll stop by again next week and do another survey and update!

I think their intention with this layout is to utilize parking on each side of the stalls. For the ones that seem to split a parking spot (where the arrows are pointing in the pic below) I don't think the charge cord would reach the car in the parking spot on the front side of this picture.... They would service the back side from the POV of the below picture.

View attachment 259086
Racer,
I think you are correct. There are 8 Pedestals, and 8 spots (4 back to back).

However, it seems like the first spot on the left of the photo (which is not a designated charging stall) could use the pedestal from the opposite side. I don't know how or if that would be advantageous in anyway, just possible.

Okay. I'll stop by again next week and do another survey and update!
Hi Bruce,

Thanks again for your efforts.

Our club will be collaborating with Spacecoast EV Drivers to organize an event celebrating the opening of this Supercharger Station. Your continued efforts will definitely assist us in planning a date for the event.

Larry

I dropped by last night. Maybe the hole on the left is for the transformer?

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the photos. Contrary to previous reports it is likely that the utility transformers have not been set. What are located inside the partially built enclosure are the Supercharger cabinets and the high voltage switch gear.

As you state, the hole that is being dug along with the bends is probably the future location of the concrete pad for the utility transformer. It's good to see that the meter cabinet has already been installed.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: GaryW
Hi Gary,

Thanks for the photos. Contrary to previous reports it is likely that the utility transformers have not been set. What are located inside the partially built enclosure are the Supercharger cabinets and the high voltage switch gear.

As you state, the hole that is being dug along with the bends is probably the future location of the concrete pad for the utility transformer. It's good to see that the meter has already been installed.

Larry
The meter box is installed, not the meter.