Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Melbourne, FL [Operational]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed that the Superchargers are operational:

West Melbourne Supercharger operational 1.jpg

West Melbourne Supercharger operational 2.jpg

Larry

Very exciting news. Friends just went by West Melbourne Supercharger and sent us the attached pics. Perhaps, we have lift-off!

View attachment 266804
Some of those are old photos. Some show that the transformer is missing.

Larry

While some of the pictures may be old the one that counts shows people charging! Will be down there on Tuesday.

EDIT: Well, that's embarrassing! As soon as I posted this reply the previous confirmation messages showed up. My apologies for restating the obvious!

Larry, you have a blue car? Your profile pic has a red one! I always assumed yours was red
Hi,

Actually, I used to have a Signature Red Model S, but earlier this year I traded it in for a Silver Model S with Autopilot, etc.

The photos were provided to me from the leader of the Space Coast EV Drivers club who has a great group of enthusiasts, as their name states, on the Space Coast. Our two clubs are going to collaborate on an event nearby this Supercharger Station to celebrate its opening. We will be shooting for January 20th and it will be open to the public. I'll provide more details when they are available.

Larry

Well this is bizarrel. I have been following this thread as we are moving here in the near future. Also, construction was started about the same time as the new Toledo SpC which I have been documenting. While charging today I snooped around to find similarities and differences . Biggest difference? THERE IS NO METER yet it seems to be fully operational. There is a meter box but no meter in it!

Well this is bizarrel. I have been following this thread as we are moving here in the near future. Also, construction was started about the same time as the new Toledo SpC which I have been documenting. While charging today I snooped around to find similarities and differences . Biggest difference? THERE IS NO METER yet it seems to be fully operational. There is a meter box but no meter in it!
Must be a horn or lever bypass meter can. FPL might have just let them go with it until they get an install scheduled. They're still being rather flexible post-hurricane.

• Informative
Reactions: Ciaopec
I live here and the installation of a supercharger 5 miles from my house has convinced me to buy a Model S. I’m still waiting on delivery...

Unless you live in an apartment or condo without charging capabilities, you'll find that charging at home is much more preferable than driving 5 miles to a SuperCharger. It will also be better on your batteries.

Your wait will for the MS will seem interminable!

Reactions: Larry Chanin
Unless you live in an apartment or condo without charging capabilities, you'll find that charging at home is much more preferable than driving 5 miles to a SuperCharger. It will also be better on your batteries.

Very true. In addition, for those Tesla owners without free Supercharging, most people in Florida will pay about twice as much to charge at a Supercharger versus at home. So driving out of your way to pay more is not an attractive situation for those without free Supercharging.

If you don't happen to be someone who lives in an apartment or condo where you can't get permission to install a home charger, it is poor charging etiquette for local residents to use nearby Superchargers instead of charging at home.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: Ciaopec