TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - West Nyack, NY

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by drgreenberg, Dec 10, 2018.

1. drgreenberg

drgreenberg Member

The supercharger site in West Nyack, NY, is well underway. Near completion, perhaps. It is located in the Palisades Center parking lot parallel to Rt. 59 (across from Dunkin‘ Donuts), at the far end of the mall parking lot approximately across from The Cheesecake Factory. All of the kiosks appear to be installed at this point so it shouldn’t be long now.

Attached Files:

• Like x 9
    • Informative x 2
  2. Dypkny845

Dypkny845 Member

i was just there last week scratching my head wondering why there were no chargers. Those are going to be some busy stalls.

3. eladts

eladts Member

How many stalls are there? It is not entirely clear from the pics.

4. mociaf9

mociaf9 Member

Looks like the exact position is somewhere about HERE.

The address of Palisades Center: 1000 Palisades Center Dr, West Nyack, NY 10994

@BlueShift

5. tanker5

tanker5 Member

Nice!!! Excellent location!!

6. Syd

Syd Member

before everyone declares victory, look for the transformer. If it's not there, its going to be a wait for the power company.

7. drgreenberg

drgreenberg Member

I’ll try to get better photos. The delivery trucks were blocking my view.

8. drgreenberg

drgreenberg Member

Are those not the white cabinets at the end? Based on number of cabinets and spacing of stalls to estimate the ones hidden behind the trucks, I estimate 20.

• Informative x 1
  9. Syd

Syd Member

Transformer is not white cabinet. Transformer is usually green, and provided by power company. It's one box, or sometimes 3 pot-cans on the "telephone pole" (power pole).

10. drgreenberg

drgreenberg Member

These

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  11. drgreenberg

drgreenberg Member

So I just drove alongside again and verified 20 stalls (supercharger.info: please update) and that the green transformer is installed.

Attached Files:

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  12. Syd

Syd Member

Alas, I don't think those green boxes are a transformer. They are switchgear most likely. Transformer has heat sinks, and is usually low and squat.

• Like x 2
  13. eladts

eladts Member

@BlueShift Please update the number of stalls to 20.

14. NerdDoc

NerdDoc Member

This is great news. I live on the NY/NJ border and go there all the time. Heck, I used to work there on college break!

15. drgreenberg

drgreenberg Member

Update as of 12/13 9:00am:

Looks like at least a few days still to go. They are currently moving down the row of stalls (about 1/3 done since yesterday), using a long orange contraption to run cabling from each kiosk to cabling previously laid parallel to the curb (which apparently runs to the white cabinets). They have already wired up the green distribution center cabinet to a concrete platform where the transformer will go (cables are just hanging out of conduits in the platform right now).

• Informative x 1
  16. Mine GO BOOM

Mine GO BOOM Member

Looking good, not operational yet.

Attached Files:

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  17. ckoval7

ckoval7 Mild One

Are they keeping the Tarrytown charger that's across the bridge?

18. Dypkny845

Dypkny845 Member

i wouldnt see why not. This should be for the Tesla shoppers. Ive once drove around the malls lot and counted the parked Telsa's (out of boredom waiting for the wife) and counted about 28 and im sure there was more.

• Like x 1
  19. gutowskia

gutowskia Member

5CC1963E-8939-433E-8B39-63EB3772AA60.jpeg 85D3A5E6-3BD9-4B28-98A9-5BC79A9353D9.jpeg 979CE763-C9D0-4B5B-92DB-2B26D324B349.jpeg Looks like wiring is all in place. Still need the transformer and light posts. 10 of the 20 spots have signs “Tesla vehicle charging only” but the other 10 allow general parking with a 30 minute limit. That is confusing and could lead to abuse from our ICE car driving friends. Luckily these chargers are far away from the mall entry so the spots are not desirable for regular parking. Also the mall has an underground parking garage with lots of additional space. Parking is only an issue on the super busy holiday shopping days.

• Like x 3
  20. drgreenberg

drgreenberg Member

When I stopped by today, they were planting shrubs around the transformer and cabinet site for some camouflage. I guess everything will be ready to go once the transformer is finally in place. Anyone chat with a worker to ask if there’s an anticipated date?

• Like x 3