Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Palm Beach, FL - Garden Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not only customers icing up the superchargers - employees are doing it as well. Yesterday I noticed the same Jeep parked in the supercharger spot as the previous day. Aproached the female Wawa employee who was cleaning up the general supercharger area, told her I was charging my Tesla and mentioned that the Jeep next to mine appeared to be abandoned - she became very hostile at that point and told me that was her car, and due to her aggressive posture I decided that there was no more to be done at this point. There was lots of parking in and around the Wawa, but it would of meant an extra 15-20 seconds of walking for said employee.

So if you think folks will just stop parking their ICE vehicles there - think again. Why walk an extra 15 seconds when you can park in a Tesla supercharger stall! Pretty sure that was not what Wawa management or Tesla wanted, but more of a commentary on the entitled mentality that exists out there
JEEP icing.jpg
Jeep licence plate icing.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
I received a reply back from Tesla that this issue has been reported to the supercharging team. At least they’re aware of it. Hopefully between Tesla and Wawa corporate these spots won’t be ICED as frequently. I’m still not that optimistic with this busy location though.

Got this response from Wawa....

Thank you for contacting Wawa. We are very sorry to hear that an employee was parked in the Tesla Supercharger at our Store #5214. I know how frustrating this must have been for you. We also apologize if their behavior was hostile once this was brought to their attention. I can assure you that we are committed to customer service. In fact, one of our core values is "Delight Customers" and our goal is for our customers to always have the best experience possible at all of our store locations. It saddens me to learn that the service you received was less than expected.

I am going to follow up with the General Manager of our store to ensure they stress the importance of providing the customer service that our brand depends on.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

Got this response from Wawa....

Thank you for contacting Wawa. We are very sorry to hear that an employee was parked in the Tesla Supercharger at our Store #5214. I know how frustrating this must have been for you. We also apologize if their behavior was hostile once this was brought to their attention. I can assure you that we are committed to customer service. In fact, one of our core values is "Delight Customers" and our goal is for our customers to always have the best experience possible at all of our store locations. It saddens me to learn that the service you received was less than expected.

I am going to follow up with the General Manager of our store to ensure they stress the importance of providing the customer service that our brand depends on.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!
Jason,

Thank you and firstonblock for reporting this incident.

Larry

The KW's at the Wawa have been hit or miss...

I have been there a few times..... The one and only car charging (state of charge below 50% in each case) and I also had the mid 30's rate.

I think I have only gotten above mid 30's once last week when it did hit 115KW...

4 of the stalls were closed on Friday (Tesla was there working on them) but were opened back up on Saturday.

Today (Monday), the best I could get was 32KW.... Only 2 other cars charging at the time.

tesla-west palm beach.jpg

I am on a road trip from Colorado to Key West and this is the first time I have seen half of all the chargers iced.
I spoke to one of the drivers in the large truck and he rightfully said that he had 15 minutes to park there.
I like it better when the supercharger is located a little further away to discourage icing.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Yep.... This location has this problem constantly....

Due to the limited parking at this location, these chargers constantly have ICE cars parked in them...

It also appears that an employee there has a Black Model S that is always parked (not charging) in one of the slots...

Anyone who reads this go to: 4651 Dyer Rd. Service Center. There is another set of 8 SuperChargers there.
No services after hours, just charging. During open hours these chargers may be full of New and Used Tesla's being charged by Tesla for customers. After hours its pretty quiet place(Industrial in fact).

Yes, from rush hour AM to PM it is a nightmare. I did notice one employee parking there named "Slim". I reported her to mgmt twice and via their customer service feedback option on the Wawa website. I have been assured they were handling this via district and store mgmt. The store mgmt blew me off on one occasion and on the other the manager spoke to Slim and she argued: "How they be knowing how long I park there?". Regarding customers, there is nothing you can do as only two spots are designated for Tesla only. Just sit and wait. It sucks.

Has to be the lowest of the low for this. A year ago I was first to use, now it looks and smells like a dumpster.
View attachment 489621

No surprise there. Wawas are typically pleasant to visit but due to the proximity of some questionable areas this has to be one of the worst Supercharging locations in FL. I have submitted several complaints to the Wawa customer service link on their website about this location. Mainly for employees ICEing the charging spots but also for the general attitude of their staff and cleanliness.

I actually just go to the Tesla service center nearby and charge instead most times. As sketchy as that location is it is actually more pleasant than the Wawa.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors