Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Palm Beach, FL - Garden Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now to this subject, Where and when did you here this? Are you referring to the Service Plaza? Now I have a huge number of gray dots on maps where the last two years Tesla has stated future sites. Gray dots. Now in 2020 there seem to be more/confirming perhaps, I have not looked.
I think he is referring to the Governor's announcement last year to put EV chargers in all turnpike service plazas.

Governor DeSantis Expands Electric Vehicle Charging on Florida Turnpike

"DeSantis announced the state will add seven new EV charging stations from Miami to Daytona Beach along Florida’s Turnpike and spoke with reporters about how the new EV stations benefit residents and visitors alike.

Proposed future EV charging stations include:

• OKAHUMPKA—two EV Level 3 charging stations from Duke energy
  • TURKEY LAKE—four EV Level 3 charging stations from Duke energy
  • CANOE CREEK—four EV Level 3 charging stations from Duke energy
  • FORT DRUM—four EV Level 3 charging stations from FP&L
  • PORT ST. LUCIE/FORT PIERCE—four EV Level 3 charging stations from FP&L
  • WEST PALM BEACH—four EV Level 3 charging stations from FP&L
  • POMPANO BEACH—four EV Level 3 charging stations from FP&L
  • All will have additional Tesla Fast Chargers as well
Current EV charging stations include six Tesla Fast Chargers at Turkey Lake and Fort Drum, along with one EV Level 2 charging station at Snapper Creek near Miami."

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan
Now to this subject, Where and when did you here this? Are you referring to the Service Plaza? Now I have a huge number of gray dots on maps where the last two years Tesla has stated future sites. Gray dots. Now in 2020 there seem to be more/confirming perhaps, I have not looked.
Late last year, the FLA Gov sign a deal to add EV charging to all the turnpike service plazas..... This included x amount of Tesla SC and I think Chargepoint units.... So, these should start rolling out at some point this year..

Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Coming to Turnpike Service Plazas | Sunshine State News | Florida Political News

The West Palm one is the Lake Worth Plaza

Late last year, the FLA Gov sign

Oh that, I thought you were specifically speaking Tesla future SuperChargers exclusively mandated by Tesla for Lake Worth-which in its own right is starting to lack here just a bit and broken, or permit(abandoning, slow).

Yes the article mentions "Tesla Fast Charge" as well as "the six at Turkey Lake and Fort Drum" that already exist. This is mainly money IMO Misappropriated by DieselGATE to be given to the state and speckling of chargers to give the appearance of spending the money wisely per the verdict toward infrastructure. Lets see, I hope for more proliferation then the article exhibits and the governor on both corridors, I95 and the turnpike. People who write these articles are often wrong also, not understanding how this all works.

I would not depend on a few chargers at each location to help much in this cause, You'll need ten times(mentioned in the comments on this article) that to start. This is not a fad IMO, its gonna replace the current norm. Speckling is not cutting it.

Was at the West Palm Beach Super Chargers and 2 were out of service all the remaining were occupied and 4 to 5 cars waiting to charge. In addition I arrived with 35 miles left and the highest I could get was 70 Kw. Very disappointing on multiple points.

Yeah.....

That WPB Wawa (Blue Heron) is a rough location..... Charging in the day is a pain because the station is so busy, so waiting for a charger is becoming the norm..... Charging at night is sketchy as you have to fend off the panhandlers...

Those 2 chargers have had issues with low charging for months and now they have been out of service for over 2 weeks...

Also, the remaining 6 that are open aren't very consistent with the charging rate...

Hate the fact that this is the only location in WPB with Supercharging.... Seems crazy as Tesla has a service center just off the turnpike on Okeechobee Blvd with zero SC's...

The only SC's close to WPB are in Port St Lucie and then Delray Beach....

There is a new WAWA going up on Okeechobee Blvd down from Tesla.... One can hope that maybe they will install there, but doubtful...

Tesla definitely needs additional chargers at the Blue Heron WAWA as that station is either packed or is empty.... Maybe they will install more chargers and 3V's someday!

Yeah.....

That WPB Wawa (Blue Heron) is a rough location..... Charging in the day is a pain because the station is so busy, so waiting for a charger is becoming the norm..... Charging at night is sketchy as you have to fend off the panhandlers...

Those 2 chargers have had issues with low charging for months and now they have been out of service for over 2 weeks...

Also, the remaining 6 that are open aren't very consistent with the charging rate...

Hate the fact that this is the only location in WPB with Supercharging.... Seems crazy as Tesla has a service center just off the turnpike on Okeechobee Blvd with zero SC's...

The only SC's close to WPB are in Port St Lucie and then Delray Beach....

There is a new WAWA going up on Okeechobee Blvd down from Tesla.... One can hope that maybe they will install there, but doubtful...

Tesla definitely needs additional chargers at the Blue Heron WAWA as that station is either packed or is empty.... Maybe they will install more chargers and 3V's someday!

There is a need for a Tesla Super Charger in Stuart/Palm City, Martin County. The closest SCers are Port Saint Lucie and Riveria Beach(West Palm Beach) and they are 47 miles apart. I was at the Rivera Super Chargers last week and there were 2 stalls down and all active stalls filled and 4-5 cars waiting to charge. I was also at the Port Saint Lucie SCers and all were filled. I know there are 6 waiting to be turned on. The 47 miles is a problem with such a populated area, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Palm City, Hutchinson Island, Port Saint Lucie, Hobe Sound, Jupiter, Palm Peaches, etc. There is an Ideal location to satisfy the area, Kanner Hwy at Stuart/Palm City, Kanner Hwy is mid point between PSL and WPB. This location is extremely populated and need additional Tesla Super Chargers.