Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Springfield MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a clip from the Planning meeting 10/1/ 2014.
http://www.west-springfield.ma.us/Public_Documents/WSpringfieldMA_PlanMin/

[SIZE=+0]Ms. Harrington moved to approve the Special Permit subject to 10 conditions and pursuant to Section 13.63 the plan shall maximize the safety of pedestrians and vehicles on the site. The additional conditions are, the applicant will get the approval of the Fire Department for fire stopping within the construction of the façade; and one of the Tesla charging spaces will be handicap accessible; Mr. Bergeron second. UAV.

The Tesla Supercharging Station passed!

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]Ms. Harrington moved to approve the Special Permit subject to 10 conditions and pursuant to Section 13.63 the plan shall maximize the safety of pedestrians and vehicles on the site. The additional conditions are, the applicant will get the approval of the Fire Department for fire stopping within the construction of the façade; and one of the Tesla charging spaces will be handicap accessible; Mr. Bergeron second. UAV.

[/SIZE]

Sweet!!!

This is terrific! Does anyone know if there are additional approvals necessary besides the planning board. I assume permits still need to be issued prior to construction beginning.

[/SIZE]

I called DDR Properties to see if there is any progress on this site. DDR had a meeting with Tesla last week and Tesla indicated they are looking to break ground shortly, hopefully by the end of the year or sometime early next year. The person I spoke to expected to see the SpC online sometime between late January and early February.

Just swung through and it is about half way if not 3/4s of the way done. All the stalls are in place. The crew of 3 was working on it. I asked for an estimated time of going online, but he couldn't provide one because is all depends on the local utility company delivering the transformer. He said that Telsa wants these site completed in 3 weeks from the time they break ground.

The chargers are located near the loading docks for Stop n Shop, they are real easy to get to. When you drive into the "Riverdale Plaza", follow the road towards Costco and you will see them on your right. Essentially they are located between Costco and Stop n Shop.

This particular crew is also the one the built the Brattleboro site and he said for that site, they are waiting on the local utility company to deliver/install the transformer. I naturally asked about Auburn, but they weren't involved with that build.

No, I didn't think to ask where they were off to next, sorry.

The fact that this site has been showing as "permit" for so long and word did come out that the permit was approved, I was wondering on what was up with it. So I made the trip up to check things out and locate exactly where in the plaza it is located.

I did ask if they were from MA and they are from PA.

Looks to be almost ready.
image.jpg