Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Springfield MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged there around 1pm today. Its not in the Model S NAV system yet (at least not for me) and plugshare didnt have an entry (so I made one).

Its behind the Stop and Shop and between that building and the Costco. Kind of an odd location but nice and quiet which works for me.

Sounds like #dyoreo beat me to it for first charge.

IMG_4281.jpg

Nice video. Just shows how odd the location is behind the store. A bit secluded for my liking.

Great video! However, this is shot from the long way around the store. What you're not seeing is there is an access road right next to the chargers that leads up to a main artery for the plaza. It appears that there are employees parking within eye shot of the chargers as well. It's between Costco and Stop and Shop. It is,however, a little bit of a hike to get anywhere.

I charged there yesterday as I've never super charged in the winter and remained in the vehicle (I wanted to see how the systems behaved with me remaining in the car). I would venture a guess that there should be little ICEing and there should be a charging spot available most of the time. This issue will be with the landlord remembering to clear the snow from the stalls as the novelty wears off for them.

Great video! However, this is shot from the long way around the store. What you're not seeing is there is an access road right next to the chargers that leads up to a main artery for the plaza. It appears that there are employees parking within eye shot of the chargers as well. It's between Costco and Stop and Shop. It is,however, a little bit of a hike to get anywhere.

I charged there yesterday as I've never super charged in the winter and remained in the vehicle (I wanted to see how the systems behaved with me remaining in the car). I would venture a guess that there should be little ICEing and there should be a charging spot available most of the time. This issue will be with the landlord remembering to clear the snow from the stalls as the novelty wears off for them.

There were no other notes on the place so I drove around the shopping area a bit looking for it. I don't know the plaza or area so thats how I happened on it. Was sort of a pain to fine without any tips.

This isn't a good one for going for a coffee or taking a bathroom break. One of the worst location wise for that but it should definitely be less ICE'd than others.

The snow blow drivers will certainly have to be careful plowing since the charging stations don't have anything to protect them.
I haven't heard of any problems plowing at any other cold climate superchargers so perhaps that isn't a concern.

I used Auburn yesterday when I was heading back from eastern MA. It's about the same distance to anything as Auburn was. However, that's still quite the hike if you "have to go". Also of note, there is a Panera there as well. It is an awkward spot to say the least.

The snow blow drivers will certainly have to be careful plowing since the charging stations don't have anything to protect them.
I haven't heard of any problems plowing at any other cold climate superchargers so perhaps that isn't a concern.
While I haven't had any issues with SCs, I have seen spots where the snow plow operator decided that the EV charging spots were the perfect place to move all the snow. I'm guessing that this was not accidental. The nightmare scenario with out-of-the-way spots like W.Springfield is that none of the business owners will notice or care that those spots haven't been plowed out properly; it won't be until some Tesla driver comes along and finds 6-foot piles of snow blocking that spots that anyone will take action. Let's hope that that scenario doesn't happen!

Hi everyone- just a heads up- I was here today and they are doing a paving project all around. I could not get there via the normal entryway and had to go all the way around the back of the shopping plaza. It would not surprise me if at some point during the paving they don't let anyone in for some time. Unfortunately I don't have any more info because at the time, I didn't think to ask. Maybe a local can head over there and ask someone?

Pulled in around 6pm on Saturday night and there was a red Model S parked across three of the bays while charging. In truth the other five were open and I was able to charge without any problems, but I feel this calls for a flag on the field.

I had to make a rapid bathroom run with my six year old, so didn't grab a pic, and the car was gone when we got back.

As an aside, the all you can eat Asian place in a train wreck. My kids love it, but I assure you, it is a bad plan for a long drive up I91.