Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Unity, OH - Indian Meadow & Tiffin River Service Plazas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another set of Ohio Turnpike Superchargers getting installed this year. The Turnpike already lists this on their website, which is pretty cool! I asked Turnpike support about upcoming installations and they said to watch this site for updates: Electric Vehicle Charging (Screenshot below.)
Maybe someone can get some photos if they're heading that way. (Based on some other Turnpike plazas we should see some markings and construction soon.)

Directly from Tesla:
Target opening in Q3 2022
West Unity, OH | Tesla

The Indian Meadow Plaza (westbound) is located at 41.60572527149462, -84.40764461296725 and the Tiffin River Plaza (eastbound) is located at 41.60356547973486, -84.40772333156042

@Big Earl @Crew Dragon @ItsNotAboutTheMoney
West Unity Ohio Superchargers Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 23.45.47.png

I wasn't familiar with this location, but here it is on a map and it's relation to Toledo and the Indiana state line.

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 23.50.38.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 23.50.59.png

Also where I originally saw this, on Drive Tesla Canada's website:

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Earl
Drove by the west unity sites today. Both sites have the stalls installed, however there is major pavement activity in progress. Many workers on-site on each side. I would have to guess the site should be up by end of next month unless your electric utilities are as slow as ComEd in the Chicago area to install a meter(months).

I checked on the progress of these sites today.
The westbound side had the covers off of the 8 pedestals. The eastbound side had covers on all 8. Both sides had 2 inverter boxes and 2 switch boxes. Neither side had a transformer. The new parking area looked done on each side.
Pictures show westbound then eastbound.
IMG_20221008_163058.jpg IMG_20221008_164957.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Earl
@JamesEarl15: I took a ride to West Unity today to get an update. The big reason for the holdup is NO TRANSFORMER!! And as we all know, no transformer means no power, which means no charging!! Everything else looks totally done. Chargers with cables (no MagicDocks), signage, bollards, stripes on the pavement, etc. are all done. Looks like Tesla and their contractor(s) did their part, now just waiting on the utility.
While not the intent (signs are pointing only in one direction), it does look like you could charge from either side of the island. No pull through spots and no trailer access.
(West bound photos first, then east bound photos, but both sets are exactly the same and the same status)

1679510840052.png
1679510925332.png
1679510965131.png
1679511003403.png
1679511036279.png

@JamesEarl15: I took a ride to West Unity today to get an update. The big reason for the holdup is NO TRANSFORMER!! And as we all know, no transformer means no power, which means no charging!! Everything else looks totally done. Chargers with cables (no MagicDocks), signage, bollards, stripes on the pavement, etc. are all done. Looks like Tesla and their contractor(s) did their part, now just waiting on the utility.
While not the intent (signs are pointing only in one direction), it does look like you could charge from either side of the island. No pull through spots and no trailer access.
(West bound photos first, then east bound photos, but both sets are exactly the same and the same status)

View attachment 920184 View attachment 920185View attachment 920186View attachment 920187View attachment 920188
Why do I feel that these SuCs that are on the turnpike are having a hard time opening up?

Reactions: Crew Dragon
Same contractor. Only a matter of time until this site is ripped up and they try again.

We are close!
Stopped at both sides today. The westbound site now has a transformer installed, but no meter. Everything else looks totally done.
When I got to the eastbound side, I saw three utility trucks and an electrical contractor's van. It also has a transformer installed, but no meter. I asked one of the utility workers if things are getting close. He said they were all waiting on Tesla who was supposed to be there in an hour. When they arrive, they are going to energize things. He didn't know what Tesla might have left or what their schedule is.
Never been closer.