Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Yellowstone, MT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did we miss this one? Wow!

I spent many hours figuring out how to make my visit today to Yellowstone NP work including reserving one of the DCs at slightly premium priced The Grey Wolf Inn. Had heard from the Tesla field tech finishing off the Pocatello SC yesterday that he was headed up to West Yellowstone but thought he was just sussing out a site. How did supercharge.info miss this until the day it opened?? None the less, life is now much easier for all of us to visit a real treasure!!

Reactions: Rossy
That's great. Filling in the US Numbered Highways!

End of US-20; US-191, US-287
US-20:
At end of US-20

US-191
From: Price, UT (on US-191 through Yellowstone NP) - 521 miles
To: Bozeman, MT - 90.2

US-287
To: Butte, MT (US-287, MT-359, I-90) - 145 miles

Reactions: Rossy
Went to Yellowstone NP in June 2015. I charged at the Yellowstone Lake RV Park and stayed at the Yellowstone Lake Hotel (1.5 miles west of the RV park). I later charged during brunch in Jackson, WY at one of the public chargers before heading to Salt Lake City. With a little planning you could make the trip without the SC. But, with that being said, SCs near our national parks is great.

2015 85D | Metallic Blue | Tech Package | Pano Roof | 5%-20% Tint |

• Helpful
Reactions: Rossy and GSP
Makes you wonder what other locations are out there under construction we do not know about.
I'm sure there are others in progress that have not been posted about on TMC.

Some people (not you @KJD) complain that Tesla isn't building out Superchargers fast enough and that they are falling behind their announced schedule. This surprise find serves to point out that Tesla continues to move forward and deliberately does not provide detailed advance notice of site contruction, for good reason: some delays are outside of Tesla's control and if Tesla posted estimated opening dates people would plan trips assuming that date would be met.

Better for Tesla to not publicize construction sites, and wait until the site is operational before adding it to their website and in-car nav.