Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Thousand Oaks, CA - East Thousand Oaks Blvd (re-opened May 2021)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. Additionally, I'll note that the Promenade (this thread/SC in construction) and The Oaks (speculation/rumor/needs verifying) are less than 6 miles apart. I'm totally cool with Tesla loading up the Conejo Valley with superchargers and all, but I would be surprised if they really did build in both the Promenade and The Oaks.

Putting two SpC's in Thousand Oaks when they're already planning to install one in Calabasas at The Commons seems silly given how close they are to each other, but I believe I saw it mentioned that the management company that owns The Promenade, The Oaks, and The Commons is one in the same and they intend to put SpC's at each one. Perhaps they will be for fewer chargers at each location.

Putting two SpC's in Thousand Oaks when they're already planning to install one in Calabasas at The Commons seems silly given how close they are to each other, but I believe I saw it mentioned that the management company that owns The Promenade, The Oaks, and The Commons is one in the same and they intend to put SpC's at each one. Perhaps they will be for fewer chargers at each location.

Seems silly NOW but wait til there are 500,000 Model 3's and an equal number of Model Y's, most of which owned by renters without HMS charging, and it won't seem silly anymore!

Seems silly NOW but wait til there are 500,000 Model 3's and an equal number of Model Y's, most of which owned by renters without HMS charging, and it won't seem silly anymore!
Couldn't agree more. I see no one complaining about gas stations being across the street from each other, so we should hardly be disappointed with multiple superchargers in the same neighborhood. Also, think of this: if power goes down for one, there is another one nearby, but far enough away, not to be affected by the same outage.

@Black_P85 : my attempt to post another thread about the other supercharger failed. Please post your source so we can confirm and get a discussion going specific to that location

Reactions: MonkeyTOGA
41109B0B-37F9-4035-A46D-40C4EAE14EAA.jpeg D7C4327B-1A63-44A0-9059-FBEBB845CF98.jpeg 144E5450-03B3-463D-AC90-4B4A9F8CD883.jpeg 8927D835-D789-4456-828A-CBA8093E1D38.jpeg
80A8D8C8-F6F1-4A05-B04C-38E0CB5DBCFC.jpeg
The trenching has finally reached Westlake Blvd. Let’s hope the end is near.

Actually, you're partially right. Caruso manages/owns the Promenade, Commons and the Lakes. Not the Oaks. As noted above, the Lakes is less than 2 miles to the Promenade and really does not have that much parking. If you are right, there will be superchargers built at the Americana, Grove, and other centers in Marina Del Rey, Burbank, Beverly Hills, among others.

It is likely that the Miramar Hotel in Montecito California will host a Supercharger. It is a Caruso development under construction on the 101 north of Oxnard just south of Santa Barbara. Also Caruso is developing a Palisades Park major shopping district in Pacific Palisades, California (at the very west of Los Angeles north of Santa Monica), also a Caruso development, is likely where the '50s style drive-in car-hop service with projected movies Supercharger will be located.

As I said above, I visited this mall around 1pm on New Years Eve and it was insanely crowded, with a line of cars up and down every lane looking for a spot. Expect icing, and probably try to avoid during the holiday shopping season, as just getting in and out may take awhile.
What do the signs say? Do they allow 30 minute general parking? Heck, there is icing now on the latest photos WITH the signs up, unless those are people who truly know that they are not operational.

Tesla Owners have support from the Caruso group, I spoke to one of their executives and he confirmed they’ll TOW if Tesla dedicated parking spots were ICEd

• Love
Reactions: Tech_Guy and gene
It is likely that the Miramar Hotel in Montecito California will host a Supercharger. It is a Caruso development under construction on the 101 north of Oxnard just south of Santa Barbara. Also Caruso is developing a Palisades Park major shopping district in Pacific Palisades, California (at the very west of Los Angeles north of Santa Monica), also a Caruso development, is likely where the '50s style drive-in car-hop service with projected movies Supercharger will be located.

Additionally the Caruso group is developing a program to lend a Tesla to patrons of their Montecito resort, e.g. drop your car off at the Glendale mall and pick up a Tesla to drive to the resort and back.

7511B3F4-C1EC-4AEB-8425-ED95F269CAE4.jpeg
C0859E5D-9F69-4026-ABCC-11FEDE1396B6.jpeg
CA49542B-32D1-4A11-A22B-FCBAD9B08022.jpeg
2170D3BB-BCE0-4EB6-A939-1EF4F108422D.jpeg
D00C1B96-106E-4AE7-BB8F-CA9B69757BF7.jpeg
More photos from 1/17/18. The contractor was power washing the parking spaces of dirt, and we’re starting to take down barriers. Expect them to be done by the weekend however utility has to wire up the Superchargers and complete their side of the installation. Foreman’s best guess, six weeks till live.

• Informative
Reactions: MonkeyTOGA
Moderator note: if you want to speculate about other Supercharger locations in Ventura or elsewhere in or near Thousand Oaks, you can do that in this thread Superchargers in Southern California (location speculation)

The Thousand Oaks Supercharger thread is for discussion of this particular site. Thank you.

I spoke to an exec at The Oaks mall in Thousand Oaks, 350 West Hillcrest Dr. behind the parking structure that sports a large TV installation near Nordstrom‘s. previously speculation they would install 20 superchargers. I thought a lot bitch superchargers will be installed executive would not go on the record but strongly indicated they would “look forward to serving Tesla owners as customers of the ball“.
Nice going, I just followed through on this thread & pulled the same details out of the plans but you beat me to it! Great community

Reactions: rpez021 and Chuq