Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Thousand Oaks, CA - East Thousand Oaks Blvd (re-opened May 2021)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10D29932-380C-4D88-A447-E9D474F14550.jpeg 89EAFD8C-DA5C-49C3-8398-FFE481F799D7.jpeg F08399D5-71B4-463B-848B-D73539C229D6.jpeg D521A92D-4C00-454C-8FB8-96B31CE1165C.jpeg SCE still hasn’t begun their work. But the site looks well prepped for the connection.

Reactions: Tech_Guy
As others have posted in the other Thousand Oaks thread (I cannot take credit for this. I'm just starting the thread), there appears to be a second Supercharger confirmed for Thousand Oaks.

2200 E THOUSAND OAKS BLVD

This is at the mall called "The Lakes at Thousand Oaks" (aka "The Oaks").

Here is a screenshot of the approved permit. I could not find details, such as how many stalls, etc, but @Black_P85 says 20 stalls. Clicking the link says the permit was actually submitted 02/19/15. That's three years ago!!! Could that be correct? This does not make sense as typically permits expire. Am I just slow to the party and this has already been discussed and dismissed? @Black_P85 seems to have some inside info on this. I searched and search, including by parcel and address, but could not find anything newer than that.

View attachment 273195
Click2Gov Building Permit

Couldn't agree more. I see no one complaining about gas stations being across the street from each other, so we should hardly be disappointed with multiple superchargers in the same neighborhood. Also, think of this: if power goes down for one, there is another one nearby, but far enough away, not to be affected by the same outage.

@Black_P85 : my attempt to post another thread about the other supercharger failed. Please post your source so we can confirm and get a discussion going specific to that location
Click2Gov Building Permit

Reactions: rrosenbl
That's what I used too, but the permit was dated 2/19/2015. I am sure that is long expired.
ah I am so sorry I thought that was a live link. For some reason it is broken when you try and follow it off of TMC. The Application # is 17-00004489 - search that and you will see. Approved last week. I have also uploaded screenshots from TO permits website. Will be 20 stalls

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 12.21.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 12.21.41 PM.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 12.21.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 12.21.47 PM.png
    148.7 KB · Views: 66
ah I am so sorry I thought that was a live link. For some reason it is broken when you try and follow it off of TMC. The Application # is 17-00004489 - search that and you will see. Approved last week. I have also uploaded screenshots from TO permits website. Will be 20 stalls
Aha! Yes, that was just approved. Make a new thread! (I won't, as I got the big thumbs down last time I tried)

• Funny
Reactions: rrosenbl and McManX

Where did you find the info on this? I checked through the site but can't find any plans, reference to Tesla, number of stalls, and the value is $150,000 which seems a bit low for a 20 stall site?

Reactions: rrosenbl
Where did you find the info on this? I checked through the site but can't find any plans, reference to Tesla, number of stalls, and the value is $150,000 which seems a bit low for a 20 stall site?
@Chuq @McManX This is the permit for the contractor to prepare the site for Tesla. Once they are done Tesla will pull one under their name and complete the work. I promise/guarantee 20 stalls are coming to The Oaks. You will see in due time! A great addition for city of TO and all us Tesla owners so be excited! :)

I asked this same question a couple of years ago. All of Tesla's supercharger sites have a value listed around $150,000. I don't know how they come to that. Probably base price of hardware. Keeps taxes down.

I visited this Supercharger site at The Promenade at Westlake (in Westlake Village) on Saturday 01/27/2018 and the location looks pretty well ready for powering up those Superchargers. They were not powered on as of yet. The various Tesla signage is installed but there do not seem to be any of the rumored "Will Tow if Not a Tesla" signs up as of yet, I hope they do get those. The first thing I saw when getting close to the Superchargers here is that there is on-site mall security in golf cart and one walking around the Supercharger itself just in front of the theater. I knew that this shopping center existed but never actually made the effort to scope out what stores it contains and I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw. As I was entering near the Supercharger area in front of the movie theater I noticed that there seems to be active security guards on-site unlike at some other shopping centers in the Thousand Oaks / Westlake area. It has a good mix of shops for young and old and seems relaxing more than others in the area. There is free Wifi for the shopping center and signage for that free Wifi access just outside of the Pizza delivery place. The sign mentioned the SSID # and there is no password (I believe the SSID = The Promenade). The movie theater has plenty of parking in the side-rear of the theater, that is not noticed right away, so I don't think that it will cause too many need to tow non-Tesla owned cars as it is pretty obvious that this parking shouldn't be for other cars, although I do think it needs those Will Tow signs.

I love that we now have the news confirmed of The Oaks Mall in Thousand Oaks (on Hillcrest) getting Superchargers as the "The Promenade at Westlake" is technically in Westlake Village and not T.O., as the name of the place infers.

The Westlake Promenade Shopping Center is within the City of Thousand Oaks. The prior post is not correct.

REACH is correct, it is the Westlake Village area of Thousand Oaks (by about 2,000 yards); it is called Westlake Village just to confuse those people who go across Lakeview or LaVenta and now are in the City of Westlake Village. The distinction is the City of Westlake Village is part of Los Angeles County and when you cross the County line part of Thousand Oaks is known as the Westlake Village area of Thousand Oaks. The point of these threads, however, is not what technical city they are in - it is the fact that they are building superchargers so close together!

And unlike QXNEXUS' post, on a busy weekend when a good movie is showing, these will be prime spaces subject to ICEing. This center is often crowded on nights and weekends and I was surprised they used these spaces instead of spaces they have to the side and back of the theater.

Reactions: rpez021
Based on the fact that the mailing address for the Westlake Promenade Shopping Center is Westlake Village, I have changed the name of this thread to clarify which city this new Supercharger site is located in.

Once it is open and appears on Tesla’s maps we will see what the official name will be and if necessary I will again change the thread title to reflect that.

I asked this same question a couple of years ago. All of Tesla's supercharger sites have a value listed around $150,000. I don't know how they come to that. Probably base price of hardware. Keeps taxes down.
Supercharger Team members have repeatedly told me $150k for a supercharger, though that was a couple years ago when installs were 6-stalls, maybe 10. Now with 20-stall sites that value is higher though I expect they're continuing the same mantra. I don't know what basis a commercial property tax assessor uses, there are no "Comps" for Superchargers, yet... If the $150k keeps tax ascessments low good for Tesla, and with 20+ stall Superchargers becoming de rigueur even better!

I see that The Promenade at Westlake is actually in Thousand Oaks by viewing the county line zipcode boundary website here:
Westlake Village, California Zip Code Boundary Map (CA)

So, my mistake and thanks for the corrections. The Promenade's address is 2,000 yards from Westlake Village, and the Cinepolis Luxury Theaters, where the Superchargers are installed, is even closer to that boundary line when viewing the boundary map. Even though the address for the shopping center on their own website at the bottom left shows Westlake Village for the address it is technically in Thousand Oaks. Kind of odd that they put the address as Westlake Village, CA. However, I now see that Google Maps shows it as T.O., and I think they are correct.

The Promenade at Westlake's own website displays this address at the bottom of the page:
THE PROMENADE AT WESTLAKE
100 PROMENADE WAY
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA 91362

Whenever driving in this area I always thought it was Westlake Village as it even contains a Hyatt Regency Westlake, which I see now is maybe 500 yards from the boundary line just on the other side of the 101 freeway, and I knew Oaks Christian School and Westlake Golf Course were in Westlake Village, they are all so close to the boundary line. Thanks for the corrections.

Last edited:
Reactions: MelaniainLA
@qsnexus thank you for acknowledging the comments from others as to the location.

As it appears the mailing address of the location is “Westlake Village”, no mention of Thousand Oaks, I am going to leave “Westlake Village” in the thread title for now. It also helps distinguish this site from the Thousand Oaks site currently under construction.

I am going to leave “Westlake Village” in the thread title for now. It also helps distinguish this site from the Thousand Oaks site currently under construction.

I live in WLV, so I can chime in that the location of the supercharger is technically in TO, but everyone here calls that section of TO "Westlake Village." The thread title is consistent with the local vernacular.

@MonkeyTOGA @ecarfan @qsnexus

All of you are correct. The location is in Thousand Oaks, but it's also in Westlake Village. When American-Hawaiian Steamship bought property in the early 1960s to develop the planned community of Westlake Village, the parcel straddled the Los Angeles - Ventura County border, and included only unincorporated areas. As I recall, Thousand Oaks annexed the Ventura County portions of Westlake Village about 45 years ago. The residents of the remainder of Westlake Village, in Los Angeles County, (where I live) voted to incorporate 36 years ago as the "City of Westlake Village."

So Westlake Village, like Newbury Park, is a community within the boundaries of Thousand Oaks, However, it is also an incorporated city, adjacent to the Westlake Village portion of T.O..

When we have another SC site at the Oaks, I'm sure this site will be referred to as the Westlake or Westlake Village site, to avoid confusion.

I visited the Westlake site today and saw no evidence of any work by SCE (or anyone else) over the past week.

Two weeks ago, a member of the electrical crew told me Caruso has been pushing SCE to connect the equipment, but he's obviously had about as much success as I expected. What could become an issue, if SCE completes the hookup, is the lack of landscaping and repair of the fencing along the freeway offramp.

I visited the completed site in Concord this past weekend. You can see the photos I posted on that thread. The head of security there won't allow the use of the SCs until construction equipment is removed (not a problem in Westlake) and the landscaping is installed. I'd feel better about the opening of Westlake if they would address the landscaping and fencing while waiting for SCE to show up.