Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I was in Weston earlier today, I decided to look for signs of Tesla's planned Supercharger station. Looks like I found it under construction at the Sheetz just off of Exit 99 of I-79. The address is 39 Berlin Rd, Weston, WV 26452. It's located right next to a Walmart. It will be roughly 50 miles south of the Morgantown Supercharger and 100 miles north of the Charleston Supercharger.

eY9H4tS.jpg

FqtNDLn.jpg

Since there isn't anything Tesla specific in the photos, I called Sheetz to confirm. I asked if it was a Tesla supercharger and the person there said something like "Is that what you call that electronic vehicle charging system?" She said the crew had been called away to do something else and she didn't know when the construction was supposed to be completed.

Last edited:
Sweet! This will make it even more convenient for me to visit family in Charleston and in Fairmont.

More importantly, this supercharger would fill in the hole in WV to make a more or less "straight shot" from Toronto down to Tampa possible. (As straight as you can go, given the Great Lakes, that is.) Currently, you cannot get straight down through WV and have to detour around, which adds around an hour or so to the trip. Woot!

Does anyone know if any of the super chargers are operational between Wytheville and Pittsburgh? The reason I ask is the Bristol TN site IS operational but yet the official site lists it as coming by end of 2017. Thank you

Not that I've read of and I do try to read of all US Superchargers.

Looks like Charleston, WV + Triadelphia, WV will add about 40 minutes to the journey.

I forgot to do this one. I think I was waiting for more Tesla goodness.

Weston, WV

Interstates: I-79
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-19, US-48, US-119

I-79:
To: Morgantown, WV (si Construction) - 51.8 miles
Diversion: 1.6 miles
To: Cranberry, PA - 141 miles

To: Morgantown, WV (I-79,I-68) - 51.8 miles
To: Strasburg, VA (US-48,I-81,US-11) - 158 miles
To: Charlottesville, VA (US-48,WV-92,US-33,US-250,VA-262,I-64,US-29,VA-743) - 185 miles
To: Lexington, VA (I-79,US-19,WV-39,WV-20,US-60,I-64,US-11) - 194 miles
To: Wytheville, VA (I-79,US-19,connect,I-77,US-11) - 186 miles
To: Charleston, WV (I-79,I-77,I-64) - 102 miles
To: Dayton, OH (I-79,US-50,US-33,I-70,I-71,OH-48) - 279 miles
To: Grove City, OH (I-79,US-50,US-33,I-270,I-71) - 211 miles
To: Mt. Gilead, OH (I-79,US-50,US-33,I-70,I-71,OH-95) - 250 miles
To: Cambridge, OH (I-79,US-50,I-77,I-70,OH-209) - 150 miles

This and Morgantown, WV will complete I-79. Splits the 149 miles between the start of I-79 and Morgantown, WV. But it's actually 152 miles between Charleston, WV and Morgantown, WV so it also makes the I-64-I-77-I-79 connection a year round thing.

Not that I've read of and I do try to read of all US Superchargers.

Looks like Charleston, WV + Triadelphia, WV will add about 40 minutes to the journey.
Thank you and that looks like that may be my option for now. I have been trying to get Days Inn at Flatwoods to put in a destination charger but not sure they have committed to it yet. If you are ever in the area you may want to stop as I do not think they will need a lot of encouragement.

The bigger deal of this is that it covers US 19, so you can do Pittsburgh -> Weston, WV -> Beckley, WV -> Wytheville VA giving a more direct connection from Pittsburgh/Western PA/Western NY/Toronto to the Southeast USA.

This is really less about I-79 than it is about US19, IMHO, since I-79 is covered by Morgantown and Charleston (though admittedly, that's a stretch for a 60).

Reactions: jrreno
The bigger deal of this is that it covers US 19, so you can do Pittsburgh -> Weston, WV -> Beckley, WV -> Wytheville VA giving a more direct connection from Pittsburgh/Western PA/Western NY/Toronto to the Southeast USA.

This is really less about I-79 than it is about US19, IMHO, since I-79 is covered by Morgantown and Charleston (though admittedly, that's a stretch for a 60).

Beckley is a big one for me. Hope it is next!

Any signs of progress?

I *just* stopped there and have some progress photos. The workers did not have an estimate when they would be completed but Charleston is active and Morgantown should be alive soon.

This crew is from Texas and were not the crew who worked on Morgantown and are not working on Beckley so that is a different crew.

IMG_20170817_155116-499x374.jpg
IMG_20170817_155122-499x374.jpg