Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I swung by the site today to check to see if it was really down and sure enough, there’s no getting in, and the charging hardware is completely blocked by construction material. The Sheetz building is leveled and gone. Starting fresh.
Pic below, but the angle doesn’t do it justice. Tesla’s charging pumps all looked fine though. It appears that they will be preserved and used as before.
3A0E402C-DC2E-42B3-B443-C2E9F3F76C2F.jpeg

Can someone please update. Working in area over next few months. PLEASE help in this tesla desert.
Isn't really a desert, is it? Just a rural area with a limited population. The Sutton supercharger is located at the Flatwoods exit (yeah, go figure) 32 miles south of the Weston Supercharger location, and the Fairmont Supercharger is located 38 miles north of Weston. The gap is only 69 miles.

Also, you can find a bank of J-1772 and Tesla destination connectors at Stonewall Resort State Park, located about 10-12 miles south of the Weston exit. There used to be a J-1772 plug at a restaurant in Sutton, but I think it closed during covid and the plug isn't shown on Plugshare any more.

Regarding the reopening, look back to the photo on post #35 in this thread, where the sign states the Sheetz will reopen in MARCH. I assume the sign meant March of this year. In other words, there is a good possibility the Weston Supercharger will reopen next month.

Good luck in you job in North-Central West Virginia.

Reactions: Cuttin and theflyer
I guess when you put it in that context it ain't bad. Used to northeast where it's just a sick amount of SC. But then Again it's ALOT more populated.

I did see March. Which is when I'll be there, very early March. Was hoping someone in area would see if there's a date posted. Looked on line, couldn't find anything.

I swung by again today to answer Cuttin’s question. Although it’s not open yet, it looks well on its way to completion. What’s more, the Tesla charging pedestals are lit up, which I am presuming means that they are on and ready to go. Perhaps one of the supercharger gurus can confirm. The entrance was intentionally blocked by a big bucket truck thingy, but the exit was just blocked by orange cones. So if somebody was desperate for a charge they could get in and connect and try it out. Pics attached.

Attachments

• 05DD3C15-93AE-4D84-9AB0-4FE9B68F16A1.jpeg
    05DD3C15-93AE-4D84-9AB0-4FE9B68F16A1.jpeg
    631.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 32A260C0-1D78-408F-95B1-1D6BF38C5C2D.jpeg
    32A260C0-1D78-408F-95B1-1D6BF38C5C2D.jpeg
    400.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 1096DBC0-31B7-4862-9481-AA65BA0DD377.jpeg
    1096DBC0-31B7-4862-9481-AA65BA0DD377.jpeg
    525.9 KB · Views: 57
I swung by again today to answer Cuttin’s question. Although it’s not open yet, it looks well on its way to completion. What’s more, the Tesla charging pedestals are lit up, which I am presuming means that they are on and ready to go. Perhaps one of the supercharger gurus can confirm. The entrance was intentionally blocked by a big bucket truck thingy, but the exit was just blocked by orange cones. So if somebody was desperate for a charge they could get in and connect and try it out. Pics attached.
Yes, lit-up pedestals make it almost certain that the chargers are live and ready once the lot is opened to the public again.

Now this is what being a team sport is all about. Kudos buddy!

I'll be working there this week, and it's on my daily commute, so will see. The place I'm staying at has chargers but who knows if they will work or be full.

Question, it looked like there was room by the side of the truck and the other entrance if going on curb a bit.

I figure a ticket for trespass is better than waiting hours for a tow... Hopefully they don't do firing squads for trespassing in West Virginia...

I wish they can just make a roped of lane to the superchargers. Ugh.

I'll be working there this week, and it's on my daily commute, so will see. The place I'm staying at has chargers but who knows if they will work or be full.

Question, it looked like there was room by the side of the truck and the other entrance if going on curb a bit.

I figure a ticket for trespass is better than waiting hours for a tow... Hopefully they don't do firing squads for trespassing in West Virginia...

Haha - yes, I think you will be able to squeeze by. But if a firing range is called for, you can be sure they won't miss. This is Mountaineer country. Multi-year NCAA rifle champs. ;-)

Perhaps after you are well on your way out of state you can fill us in on your charging experience at Weston. Good luck.

I saw that the Weston Sheetz had reopened, but nothing in the article about the Superchargers. I presume they are also back online if someone in the area can confirm. It would be nice to know whether it was upgraded to V3 or not. According to the article, other Sheetz locations in the area will also be undergoing renovation/reconstruction, but I don't believe any of those are Supercharger locations.

Last edited: