Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Whangarei

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderators Note.
I have created this Thread for the Whangarei Supercharger as there is a recent enquiry about it. See above.
Having seperate Threads for each Supercharger makes it easier for people to find the latest information about them and any other outages or relavant events.
I will make any Proposed Supercharger Threads 'Sticky" until they have been open for a few weeks.
I invite anyone to create a similar thread for the other upcoming or open Superchargers like Tauranga.

Reactions: CAM3RON
For those who are thinking that the chargenet alexander st location will fill the gap while waiting for the supercharger, be aware that the gate is closed on weekends and getting access isn't particularly easy. (Plugshare comments suggest that you can call to get access, but after trying that for 5 minutes we decided it was easier to drive on to the next charger).

Yep, here's todays pic update courtesy of the Facebook group. As you can see, they're pull in stalls which may make them more towing friendly depending on the room to the left of the photo.
MaQORcj.png

Looking good
Thanks for the update
Does anyone know what KW they are
They will be the standard 120kW Superchargers. No V3 yet - V3 is identifiable with only having the CCS cable.

Very curious. What are the two separate charging cables per station for?
The top one is the "legacy" Type 2 only cable for the Model S/X and the bottom one is the CCS2 cable for Model 3/Y. Tesla uses the same charging connectors in New Zealand as Europe.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Very curious. What are the two separate charging cables per station for?

Both cables are exclusively for supercharging Teslas.
The lower cable has a 'Tesla' plug for the Model S and Model X.
The upper cable has a CCS2 plug for the Model 3 (in non-US markets).

History of Tesla Supercharging is the Model S and X have a 'Tesla' charge port that is a modified IEC Type 2 port
that accepts DC high voltage on the outer pins.
The Model 3 was designed for the later European DC fast charging standard CCS2 (that is non North America markets).
Tesla modified the SC units to charge both Model S/X and Model 3/Y.
Last week I assisted a new Model 3 owner using the Ballarat SC for the first time who selected the 'Tesla' plug (wrong) which actually fits the Model 3's IEC Type 2 port.
Once I sorted him out to use the top cable with the beefier connector, he was OK to charge.

Both cables are exclusively for supercharging Teslas.
The lower cable has a 'Tesla' plug for the Model S and Model X.
The upper cable has a CCS2 plug for the Model 3 (in non-US markets).

History of Tesla Supercharging is the Model S and X have a 'Tesla' charge port that is a modified IEC Type 2 port
that accepts DC high voltage on the outer pins.
The Model 3 was designed for the later European DC fast charging standard CCS2 (that is non North America markets).
Tesla modified the SC units to charge both Model S/X and Model 3/Y.
Last week I assisted a new Model 3 owner using the Ballarat SC for the first time who selected the 'Tesla' plug (wrong) which actually fits the Model 3's IEC Type 2 port.
Once I sorted him out to use the top cable with the beefier connector, he was OK to charge.
It is a bit confusing. Had the same problem at first too.