TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Whangarei

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by khayyam, Sep 25, 2019.

1. khayyam

khayyam Member

Does anyone know about any progress or the likely opening of the whangarei supercharger? Says "Target opening in 2019" which I interpret as sometime between tomorrow and never.

2. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Moderators Note.
    I have created this Thread for the Whangarei Supercharger as there is a recent enquiry about it. See above.
    Having seperate Threads for each Supercharger makes it easier for people to find the latest information about them and any other outages or relavant events.
    I will make any Proposed Supercharger Threads 'Sticky" until they have been open for a few weeks.
    I invite anyone to create a similar thread for the other upcoming or open Superchargers like Tauranga.

• Like x 1
  3. khayyam

khayyam Member

For those who are thinking that the chargenet alexander st location will fill the gap while waiting for the supercharger, be aware that the gate is closed on weekends and getting access isn't particularly easy. (Plugshare comments suggest that you can call to get access, but after trying that for 5 minutes we decided it was easier to drive on to the next charger).

4. khayyam

khayyam Member

Now "target opening 2020". Unsurprising I guess.

5. Ecoli

Ecoli Member

Yeh abit disappointing, but I guess to be expected

6. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

• Like x 1
  7. khayyam

khayyam Member

Hooray. Yes I saw somewhere that it was going to be in Forum North, and iirc that they had found asbetos there and that held everything up...

8. Ecoli

Ecoli Member

That's good news
    Hopefully it's free parking