Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wheat Ridge, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-20_12-3-46.png
    upload_2019-4-20_12-3-46.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Informative
Reactions: HillCountryFun
Well done rdlink. I posted the link to the map, but totally missed the change in parking direction. That could be it. I drive by there everyday and have been keeping an eye on the construction. They haven't been doing anything with the parking lot yet, but hopefully soon.

Reactions: HillCountryFun
Glad I saw this post. I hadn't realized that the pins for the future SC locations were just in the general location. It will be nice to have an SC on my side of the city and just in general to take up some of the load off the airport SC further east on I-70.

Note that there is a large TA truck stop just one exit north of the one for Applewood Village. During the wee hours one could grab some food to-go there and eat it at the SC.

Full-Service Travel Centers

The parking lot has been striped and it's all straight in, not diagonal parking so the straight in spots on the north side were sort of a red herring. No superchargers have been installed yet either, but there are several transformer boxes and large cable spools still sitting there so there's a chance something will be installed in that lot.

The parking lot has been striped and it's all straight in, not diagonal parking so the straight in spots on the north side were sort of a red herring. No superchargers have been installed yet either, but there are several transformer boxes and large cable spools still sitting there so there's a chance something will be installed in that lot.
We noticed that on Saturday. We also saw a lot of conduit but didn't know if it was new or leftover from previous construction. The mound of broken up concrete looks like stuff that they pushed over when repaving the lot. Hopefully we'll see signs of construction soon!

View attachment 473825

Looks like the date has been moved out from 2018 to 2019. I did notice a large transformer has been set near the back if the parking lot.

Sorry cant correct my post... still shows 2019. Was not even on the map in 2018.

Sorry can't correct my post... still shows 2019. Was not even on the map in 2018.

Actually, it's been on the map since May 2018: New Colorado Superchargers :(

All the spools of wire are gone and no SuperChargers showed up to replace them. :(

There was recent construction activity on Youngfield where it looked like new red pipes were laid down the middle of the street. Today I noticed red pipes sticking out of the ground at the corner of 38th and Youngfield. Since red is usually reserved for electric, maybe a new medium voltage line was required. Based on where the line went to, it's also possible this is going to feed the development on the west side of I-70 and has nothing to do with the SuperCharger. Either way, something happened in the last two weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: vtvox
There's still no sign of anything in Applewood Village. I'm starting to wonder if they decided on a Golden/Denver West location instead, especially considering the recent Kum & Go discoveries in Thornton and Brighton. The Kum & Go in Golden is built on a hill with a retaining wall, so no room for expansion there. The nearby hotel might have a few spaces but nothing huge and I don't think the hotel would want all the traffic from non-paying Teslas. Another possibility might be closer to the Springhill Suites by Colorado Mills. While the hotel would be open 24/7 and there are plenty of dining and shopping options and lots of empty parking spaces, the hotel still might not appreciate all the bathroom traffic.

As I said before, there really aren't any 24 hour amenities in Applewood Village anyways. We did notice that the building the construction company was temporarily occupying has been vacated. It would be awesome if Tesla could put in a 24 hour Tesla lounge in the building east of the Wells Fargo. They could easily have 20 or more Superchargers along two sides in the building and the parking lot just to the north provides lots of room for expansion.

IMG_20200126_095315.jpg

They are doing a lot of new construction on the west of I-70 and there are some 24 hour options there but this empty building is just begging to become a Tesla lounge! Tesla, if you are listening, I bet you could get this building pretty cheap! Looks like there would even be room for that Tesla Diner that Elon has mentioned.

There's still no sign of anything in Applewood Village. I'm starting to wonder if they decided on a Golden/Denver West location instead, especially considering the recent Kum & Go discoveries in Thornton and Brighton. The Kum & Go in Golden is built on a hill with a retaining wall, so no room for expansion there. The nearby hotel might have a few spaces but nothing huge and I don't think the hotel would want all the traffic from non-paying Teslas. Another possibility might be closer to the Springhill Suites by Colorado Mills. While the hotel would be open 24/7 and there are plenty of dining and shopping options and lots of empty parking spaces, the hotel still might not appreciate all the bathroom traffic.

As I said before, there really aren't any 24 hour amenities in Applewood Village anyways. We did notice that the building the construction company was temporarily occupying has been vacated. It would be awesome if Tesla could put in a 24 hour Tesla lounge in the building east of the Wells Fargo. They could easily have 20 or more Superchargers along two sides in the building and the parking lot just to the north provides lots of room for expansion.

View attachment 504472

They are doing a lot of new construction on the west of I-70 and there are some 24 hour options there but this empty building is just just begging to become a Tesla lounge! Tesla, if you are listening, I bet you could get this building pretty cheap! Looks like there would even be room for that Tesla Diner that Elon has mentioned.

Great post!!! Thanks for the recon and thoughtful ideas!! I always drive slow looking hard at Applewood Village but have yet to see anything either.

View attachment 504472

They are doing a lot of new construction on the west of I-70 and there are some 24 hour options there but this empty building is just begging to become a Tesla lounge! Tesla, if you are listening, I bet you could get this building pretty cheap! Looks like there would even be room for that Tesla Diner that Elon has mentioned.
I think you're dreaming if you think there will be a Tesla lounge in a major metropolitan area outside of CA any time soon.

I saw it as more of a suggestion, who knows how quickly Tesla will ramp up their Supercharger facilities? 2020 is going to be their big breakout year!!
According to Elon himself, 2019 was supposed to be that "big breakout year" for Superchargers. It was more of a whimper at best. During the Q4 2018 earnings call he claimed that they would "double the number of Superchargers in 2019" ....whoops. Just missed it. lol