TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Supercharger - Wheatland, WY

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by ItsNotAboutTheMoney, Oct 11, 2017.

1. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Because quote.

@BuildingCap posted in Wyoming Superchargers that (and I quote)

Would still need more Superchargers to the North to take it to the end in Buffalo, WY and bridge the gap to Sheridan, WY, but it's a start on the completing the northern end of I-25.

• Like x 1
  2. acoloradan

acoloradan New Member

I have been chatting with the Wheatland town planner over email about the planned supercharger. In his most recent email he stated:

"I can tell you it will be in the parking lot of the Heartland Inn and Suites motel which is located at 1556 Sherard Dr. here in Wheatland. They do intend on building really soon, we're just waiting on some legal paperwork to make sure the town can bury some electric cable."

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  3. Bighorn

Bighorn Former Top Supercharger

I talked to the hotel GM when I stopped by the site this morning. No construction yet though they had been slated to break ground in September. The hotel owner drives a Tesla so is very motivated, but there's no hard start date. The 8 stalls will go between the hotel and the liquor store to the north.

4. BuildingCap

BuildingCap Supporting Member

Thanks for the update. My OA said he'd spoken to the supercharger team, but could have exaggerated a bit since this was one of my considerations of whether to buy this year or not. Said it would "definitely" be operational by December...

• Like x 1
  5. Bighorn

I asked the GM if they'd heard any word about a Casper location, but they'd not. I used the Evansville 70A charger last night in order to get to the Rawlins and Laramie superchargers today. Are you aware of anything coming up in your neighborhood?

6. BuildingCap

Do you mean you stayed overnight at the Hilton or just plugged in for a while?

So I was told the people planning all this at Tesla that they wanted to put more destination chargers in the general area this year and was looking for willing partners. I know Hat Six applied for a supercharger after I talked to them about it. My OA said they were already talking to the mall about the supercharger in Casper, but nothing was going to happen there until 2018.

7. Bighorn

I just spent a few hours at the hospital chargers in order to reach Rawlins. I'd heard the Hilton chargers were on the slow side. They really need to get a SC around there to make I-25 viable. The 90 mile Gillette/Lusk detour gets old quick.

• Like x 1
  8. pox

pox Member

I'm so happy! I thought Wheatland would be next year. Their is a free 50amp and few 30amp RV spots in the Wheatland city park that is open most of the time. Kind of slow and out of the way.

• Like x 1
  9. BuildingCap

Question: what app or website do you find best identifies the most lower level chargers in Wyoming?

10. Bighorn

I know about the old Casper 70A HPWCs from a longtime personal relationship. I've only felt comfortable sharing those details through PMs, though they've largely been usurped by regional Superchargers. @pox is the real expert on Level 2 WY chargers out of necessity. It's probably been two years since I've used a Level 2 before this weekend.

If I were looking, I'd try plugshare.

• Informative x 1