Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wheatland, WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of a couple days ago, pedestals are up but paving hadn't been done. I think Custer, Wheatland and Boulder are likely being completed as a cluster. Wheatland.png

I too am hoping Bighorn is right. Plan on being in Wheatland, hoping not to have to detour up to Lusk to charge.
I've been watching Wheatland on supercharge.info and just discovered this thread from there. I hope the supercharger there will be live by Saturday the 19th. I Will be leaving Spokane next Thursday on my way to Denver. I've traveled between Gillette and Cheyenne on past trips, but I now have 105k miles on my S85 and would have to travel fairly slowly now to make it. Even if the SC isn't done, I'll stop in Wheatland to use the destination chargers there. If the SC is in, I'll bypass Cheyenne and go directly to Loveland.
My thanks to Bighorn for putting me in touch with Tom K. in Casper a few years ago. That worked out well.

I've been watching Wheatland on supercharge.info and just discovered this thread from there. I hope the supercharger there will be live by Saturday the 19th. I Will be leaving Spokane next Thursday on my way to Denver. I've traveled between Gillette and Cheyenne on past trips, but I now have 105k miles on my S85 and would have to travel fairly slowly now to make it. Even if the SC isn't done, I'll stop in Wheatland to use the destination chargers there. If the SC is in, I'll bypass Cheyenne and go directly to Loveland.
My thanks to Bighorn for putting me in touch with Tom K. in Casper a few years ago. That worked out well.
Glad that worked out in Casper. If you’re going via Gillette, Lusk would be your intermediate charger to Cheyenne/Loveland. You probably did Sheridan to Cheyenne via I-25 with a bump in Casper. I may try to pass by Wheatland this weekend to check status.

Reactions: VBruce
Glad that worked out in Casper. If you’re going via Gillette, Lusk would be your intermediate charger to Cheyenne/Loveland. You probably did Sheridan to Cheyenne via I-25 with a bump in Casper. I may try to pass by Wheatland this weekend to check status.
The first time through Gillette we went through Lusk. It was a very bad weekend to stop in Lusk. There was an event that filled up the town. The lot with the superchargers was filled with pickups. I think it could have been the start of hunting season. We couldn't find an open restaurant or a place to stay. We walked around town and got snacks a at gas station. We had to drive another two to three hours and spent the night in Wheatland.

Could have been The Legend of Rawhide parade. Lots of locals in red face? Quaint community racism:( I got stuck in the lot by that once. A friend had shot a documentary about it, so I was prepared.

Really? Red face in 2017? We have lots of Natives over here in Arapahoe if they are needing authentic actors! Speaking of questionable western towns, Any hope of Tesla getting this Wheatland Super Charger up before next Friday for the Custer Rally?

Maybe I should have gone through Lusk from Gillette instead of aiming directly to Cheyenne through Wheatland. I had a strong headwind all the way to Wheatland and lost over 12 rated miles just getting the 1st 100 miles while traveling less than 55 mph. I had 247 rated miles when I left Gillette and knew I could make it all the way to Cheyenne under normal conditions, but had to charge over two hours in Wheatland. As I was about to disconnect while topping off at Gillette, at least 8 Teslas showed up from the Custer rally.
In hindsight, with the small number of stalls at Lusk I might have had to wait more than two hours there to access a supercharger.

Hi all,

First post, but I've been watching this thread, as I'm headed up to WY over the weekend. I stopped by the new Boulder supercharger tonight, just to see if it's done (I work next door to it). There was a Tesla employee there testing all the chargers (it will be live tomorrow, btw). I asked him about Wheatland and he said he's headed up there tonight, after Boulder, to test them. He said the chargers will be on tomorrow and available. I'll check tomorrow night on my way to the Black Hills.

Have a great weekend!