Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Whitewood, SK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I expect Tesla will open all these locations in one sweep, so if someone follows the engineer at all Superchargers, that will make for a lot of first visits!
Gosh, I hope that they just open them as they're done and don't wait on finished stations to open them at once to make some statement. I wonder if we'll hear more at the CYBRTRK event next week...

Yes - enquiring minds want to know, now that I managed to order a ChaDEMO adapter - how far along is the Petro-Canada charger?

It would be nice if something there went live...

I saw on a picture posted on Plugshare a couple days ago that the construction of the Petro-Canada station in Whitewood looked pretty much complete. The fencing is still up around the site so not quite operational yet. It's hard to say which will open first, the Supercharger which has looked completed for months or this Petro-Canada charger.

whitewood-dec6.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: gnavi and XHabjab
Heard in passing at the Winnipeg site testing that Sask Power was scheduled to hook up power to the Petro-Canada site in Whitewood about a week before Christmas.

He seemed pretty confident the site would be at least in the testing phase prior to Christmas.

Weird to say, but PetroCanada is getting the whole EV charging thing right. If it was up to me, that whole team would be in for some healthy Christmas bonuses. They truly could not have done a better job.

Except for one seemingly fundamental design flaw. They should have put the pedestals a car length from the curb, rather than up against it, thus making them sort of pull through and more universal for the many different location of vehicle charge ports. Every pic I've seen of a tesla charging at one of these it's either backed into the spot between the two, charging in the lookers right and blocking the second one, or it's parked in front at a weird angle to be able to reach the charge port.

That being said, this one pic does look to address it by offering two parking spots per pedestal, but some of them seem to have only one spot per pedestal, in a corner.

Last edited:
Except for one seemingly fundamental design flaw. They should have put the pedestals a car length from the curb, rather than up against it, thus making them sort of pull through and more universal for the many different location of vehicle charge ports. Every pic I've seen of a tesla charging at one of these it's either backed into the spot between the two, charging in the lookers right and blocking the second one, or it's parked in front at a weird angle to be able to reach the charge port.

That being said, this one pic does look to address it by offering two parking spots per pedestal, but some of them seem to have only one spot per pedestal, in a corner.

All of the Sask/MB ones have 2 spots per charger, so no matter where your charge port is you're good to go. Perhaps a couple of the early ones in Ontario weren't, but they seem to have gotten it right now.

Also, love the fact they have garbages and windshield washers right beside the Chargers.