Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wichita Falls, TX (maybe ?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wichita Falls City Planning has been contacted by Tesla, but Tesla has not decided / pulled a permit for install location. Guess there are three or four locations they are looking at for Superchargers in the area.

My guess is Flying J at 287 and Old Jacksboro Highway. 24 hr bathrooms, in store Wendy's, easy access to 287. Similar to the site in Childress.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/F...16b4acdec544aa!8m2!3d33.8903262!4d-98.4833023

As we expected when Childress was opened-- it only makes sense if Wichita Falls also has a supercharger. Using US287 will be a great time saver heading to I-40 west from Austin, San Antonio, Dallas/Ft. Worth, and Houston. It's the hypotenuse of the triangle instead of having to drive all the way north to Oklahoma City on I-35 and turning left.

Reactions: Beryl and bollar
Any news on SC for Wichita Falls-- need to know for planning a road trip. Says late 2017.

I had no problem going from Childress to Denton in October with an S 85. I did a full charge at Childress, kept my speed under control, and did occasional drafting when the opportunity presented.

On the return trip, I have stopped at Hampton Inn in Vernon overnight once, as Rad Rays suggested, but that was before Childress came online. It's a well kept, quiet hotel with both Tesla and GE J1772 chargers located at the far end of the parking lot so you won't get ICEd.

I've also done the return to Amarillo from Dallas via Ardmore, OK. Yes, it's a little out of the way, but Ardmore to Childress is a lot more doable than Denton to Childress, and I only charged to 95% at Ardmore. The US highways from Ardmore to Vernon are in good shape, and it was a nice drive even at night. Coming from Dallas, I didn't need to stop at Denton at all, so the total time was not that long. Ardmore has the InterUrban restaurant to grab food as well.

Another plan would be to charge to 100% at Denton, stop at the Vernon Hampton Inn for an hour or so while grabbing food at the nearby McDonalds or KFC, then proceed to Childress.

Charger is built in Henrietta, TX but not open yet. Located at Texas Best Truck Stop on US287 near Steak and Shake.

Address: 237 Frontage Rd, Henrietta, TX 76365

Just called the folks at the truck stop to confirm .
Yeah, the progress is being tracked in the thread that is in the Texas Superchargers section, link to the post confirming construction on May 20th.

Reactions: bollar