TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Wichita Falls, TX

Discussion in 'Texas Supercharger locations' started by BerTX, Feb 9, 2018.

1. mike123abc

mike123abc Member

There was a group trying to build a wind far in Clay county near Henrietta, it got nixed because of the airbase. I believe the air force claimed it would generate too much radar interference.

2. TexasDuke

TexasDuke Member

Yes, wind farms and airports don’t usually don’t go well together as the blades bounce back the radar signals.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  3. rafacq

rafacq Member

Any recent updates from Henrietta? Photos?

4. TexasDuke

TexasDuke Member

It appears that the crew enjoyed their Independence Day weekend. 28A5CF90-0723-4FDA-B5F1-E0F2C32010C6.jpeg

• Like x 2
  5. mike123abc

mike123abc Member

Oncor (the electric transportation company of TX, they do not generate/sell just transport) was busy today:
    IMG_0170.JPEG
    They put in a new pole:
    IMG_0171.JPEG
    Notice the conduit right beside the new pole:
    IMG_0172.JPEG

The conduit runs under the entrance to the transformer pad. I did not see a transformer on site yet. But, I am sure it is going to arrive soon.

Once the transformer/meter is in place it looks like just the pedestals and wiring back to the cabinets will have to be done.

• Informative x 6
    • Like x 5
    • Helpful x 2
  6. Missile Toad

Missile Toad Member

Folks. I was at the location 7-9 days ago. We went into the gas station, and found it to be immaculate. It looks like they are trying to duplicate the Buc'ees model. Nice bathrooms, souvenir shop, BBQ, fudge, beef jerky, etc. The landscaping, as seen from the 'bull picture' is top notch. So, this site will be superior, in every respect, to the Childress Supercharger, which is a run-of-the-mill gas station. Add to that, there is the Steak and Shake on-site. So the food options should give lots of choice for everyone.

• Like x 12
  7. mike123abc

mike123abc Member

There is Steak and Shake, a Cinnabon, a BBQ restaurant, and a souvenir shop in addition to the usual convenience store and gas station type merchandise.

Again my only complaint is that the BBQ oven lets out too much smokey smell into the establishment...

• Informative x 1
  8. Dr. J

Dr. J Member

There can be too much smokey smell? :D

• Funny x 4
    • Love x 1
  9. Missile Toad

Missile Toad Member

I've written a 'new' song, that all Tesla owners should sing:

You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips
    And there's no tenderness like before in your fingertips
    You're trying hard not to show it
    But baby, baby I know it
    You lost that smokin' feelin'
    Whoa, that smokin' feelin'
    You lost that smokin' feelin'
    Now it's gone, gone, gone, woh
    song to the tune, lyrics you've lost that loving feeling - Google Search

• Funny x 2
  10. wupcwww

wupcwww Member

Does the accessory plug provided in the M3 work in the Dalhart RV park? Planning a trip to CO and just want to make sure if I need to buy any accessories.

• Disagree x 1
  11. STDRDC13

STDRDC13 Member

Off subject but....

If they have NEMA 14-50 you are good

If they only have TT-30 you will have to make your own adapter

Call them to establish what plugs they have, I'm sure PlugShare has good info

12. STDRDC13

STDRDC13 Member

I just looked it up on PlugShare and you are good for charging your Model 3 in Dalhart

13. SammichLover

SammichLover Active Member

Plugshare doesn't appear to have them listed? There's another place south of town, though. Or is that the correct name for what he's talking about?

14. STDRDC13

STDRDC13 Member

This is the Dalhart RV Park

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  15. Dr. J

Dr. J Member

The answer depends on when you bought your Model 3. Tesla stopped supplying the NEMA 14-50 adapter in new vehicles (at least in the Model 3) not too long ago. You should really look inside your charger bundle, then see if one of those adapters is a 14-50 by using Google.

16. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

It doesn't come with the M3, but you can get it from the Tesla store. Where it shows all the adapters (gen2 UMC). I'd always take a 14-50 on a trip because there are a lot of places where it's useful.

• Like x 2
  17. napoleonblownapa

#197 napoleonblownapa, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Wupcwww, I was just AT the Dalhart, TX RV park and charged a few days ago! Each charging stand has your choice of 110 V, 30 amp, or 50 amp (14-50) plugs. I plugged in with a 14-50, flipped the breaker switch, and voila! Charged for about an hour. Coming from Dallas in my M3, ran into a HUGE rainstorm that kinda sapped my battery. I was VERY afraid I could not reach Trinidad, CO. That hour charging restored my confidence tremendously! Thanks, City of Dalhart!!

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 4
    • Love x 1
  18. wupcwww

wupcwww Member

#198 wupcwww, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Thanks everyone for the info! This helps my confidence with the Colorado Springs to Amarillo trip. Just looked on Plugshare and Dumas looks to have an RV option as well. I realize it was pretty off-topic, but thanks for responding, this community is great!
    Back on topic, it will be amazing to have Henrietta/Wichita Falls online since we'll be continuing onto Houston. Here's to sending good positive energy (pun intended) to whoever's working on it!

• Like x 1
  19. rafacq

rafacq Member

It seems there is a KOA in Ratón that has 14-50 outlets and charges are reasonable. It’s in PlugShare.

• Informative x 1
  20. Saxman

Saxman Member

I go from Austin to Amarillo, staying overnight, then to Vail, CO; once a year. Up to now I've been going from Amarillo to Tucumcar and Las Vegas, NM BEFORE I get to Trinidad. Do you recommend Amarillo-Dalhart-Trinidad instead?