Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henrietta, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that the crew enjoyed their Independence Day weekend. 28A5CF90-0723-4FDA-B5F1-E0F2C32010C6.jpeg

Reactions: byeLT4 and rafacq
Oncor (the electric transportation company of TX, they do not generate/sell just transport) was busy today:
IMG_0170.JPEG

They put in a new pole:
IMG_0171.JPEG

Notice the conduit right beside the new pole:
IMG_0172.JPEG

The conduit runs under the entrance to the transformer pad. I did not see a transformer on site yet. But, I am sure it is going to arrive soon.

Once the transformer/meter is in place it looks like just the pedestals and wiring back to the cabinets will have to be done.

Folks. I was at the location 7-9 days ago. We went into the gas station, and found it to be immaculate. It looks like they are trying to duplicate the Buc'ees model. Nice bathrooms, souvenir shop, BBQ, fudge, beef jerky, etc. The landscaping, as seen from the 'bull picture' is top notch. So, this site will be superior, in every respect, to the Childress Supercharger, which is a run-of-the-mill gas station. Add to that, there is the Steak and Shake on-site. So the food options should give lots of choice for everyone.

There can be too much smokey smell? :D

I've written a 'new' song, that all Tesla owners should sing:

You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips
And there's no tenderness like before in your fingertips
You're trying hard not to show it
But baby, baby I know it
You lost that smokin' feelin'
Whoa, that smokin' feelin'
You lost that smokin' feelin'
Now it's gone, gone, gone, woh
song to the tune, lyrics you've lost that loving feeling - Google Search

• Funny
Reactions: CarlS and Dr. J
Does the accessory plug provided in the M3 work in the Dalhart RV park? Planning a trip to CO and just want to make sure if I need to buy any accessories.
The answer depends on when you bought your Model 3. Tesla stopped supplying the NEMA 14-50 adapter in new vehicles (at least in the Model 3) not too long ago. You should really look inside your charger bundle, then see if one of those adapters is a 14-50 by using Google.

The answer depends on when you bought your Model 3. Tesla stopped supplying the NEMA 14-50 adapter in new vehicles (at least in the Model 3) not too long ago. You should really look inside your charger bundle, then see if one of those adapters is a 14-50 by using Google.
It doesn't come with the M3, but you can get it from the Tesla store. Where it shows all the adapters (gen2 UMC). I'd always take a 14-50 on a trip because there are a lot of places where it's useful.

Wupcwww, I was just AT the Dalhart, TX RV park and charged a few days ago! Each charging stand has your choice of 110 V, 30 amp, or 50 amp (14-50) plugs. I plugged in with a 14-50, flipped the breaker switch, and voila! Charged for about an hour. Coming from Dallas in my M3, ran into a HUGE rainstorm that kinda sapped my battery. I was VERY afraid I could not reach Trinidad, CO. That hour charging restored my confidence tremendously! Thanks, City of Dalhart!!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the info! This helps my confidence with the Colorado Springs to Amarillo trip. Just looked on Plugshare and Dumas looks to have an RV option as well. I realize it was pretty off-topic, but thanks for responding, this community is great!
Back on topic, it will be amazing to have Henrietta/Wichita Falls online since we'll be continuing onto Houston. Here's to sending good positive energy (pun intended) to whoever's working on it!

Last edited:
Reactions: CarlS
Thanks everyone for the info! This helps my confidence with the Colorado Springs to Amarillo trip. Just looked on Plugshare and Dumas looks to have an RV option as well. I realize it was pretty off-topic, but thanks for responding, this community is great!
Back on topic, it will be amazing to have Henrietta/Wichita Falls online since we'll be continuing onto Houston. Here's to sending good positive energy (pun intended) to whoever's working on it!

It seems there is a KOA in Ratón that has 14-50 outlets and charges are reasonable. It’s in PlugShare.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
Wupcwww, I was just AT the Dalhart, TX RV park and charged a few days ago! Each charging stand has your choice of 110 V, 30 amp, or 50 amp (14-50) plugs. I plugged in with a 14-50, flipped the breaker switch, and voila! Charged for about an hour. Coming from Dallas in my M3, ran into a HUGE rainstorm that kinda sapped my battery. I was VERY afraid I could not reach Trinidad, CO. That hour charging restored my confidence tremendously! Thanks, City of Dalhart!!

I go from Austin to Amarillo, staying overnight, then to Vail, CO; once a year. Up to now I've been going from Amarillo to Tucumcar and Las Vegas, NM BEFORE I get to Trinidad. Do you recommend Amarillo-Dalhart-Trinidad instead?