TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Wichita Falls, TX

Discussion in 'Texas Supercharger locations' started by BerTX, Feb 9, 2018.

1. mike123abc

mike123abc Member

It appears to be a mysterious 2.5 charger, or at least that was the labels say on the cabinets that were installed. IMG_0126.jpeg

• Like x 2
  2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Go to Search.
    Select "Search Threads and Posts"
    Scroll down to the Order By radio group and select "Most Recent".
    Then try searches.
    I find that's much better.

3. SammichLover

SammichLover Active Member

That's what the newer V2 cabinets are labeled as. These are the ones that are capable of roughly 150kW on a Model 3 LR charging without splitting on the other side of a stall pair (I don't know what the 100 kWh pack S/X will do on them?)

• Informative x 1
  4. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

Anything new? Heading up to CO from Houston next weekend. I doubt it will be ready, but the Webster, TX SC that started construction about the same time got its pedestals earlier this week. Currently getting wired up.

5. DV_T3SLA

DV_T3SLA Member

Nothing new. I’m sitting in the parking lot as I type this. They still look like they are at least a month away ‍♂️

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  6. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

Oh well. Looks like we’ll be spending the night in Vernon and using the destination charger there.

7. Cachalot

Cachalot New Member

Actually there is an ICE dealer right across the street. Four Star Auto

8. Cachalot

Cachalot New Member

The lot by Cracker Barrel is a prime location, it has everything you would need accept for a nearby hotel,

9. mike123abc

mike123abc Member

I went by the site a few hours ago, still no new activity. The only thing going on is TXDOT patching the road beside the truck stop. IMG_0237.jpeg

• Informative x 6
    • Like x 1
  10. quickstrike12

quickstrike12 Member

I can make it from home (Fort Worth)to Childress supercharger (sometimes work in Amarillo)but I keep pulling in with less than 10 miles left. I don’t need that kind of stress in my life. This will probably drop 20 minutes from my commute and a whole bunch of grey hairs.
    Can’t get done fast enough.

100% for me is only 237 miles after couple years ownership on RWD 75S

• Like x 4
  11. jrad6515

jrad6515 Closed

Any updates? I thought it might be in service by late Sept. when I drive through but I am getting worried about the lack of recent construction activity.

12. Dylankjustice

Dylankjustice Member

I would imagine it will be done by then. My wife will be passing by tomorrow on the way up to Oklahoma, I'll see if she can swing by and take some pictures. Then I'll be stopping by the weekend of the 9th (Aug.) and I'll check on progress at that time as well.

• Like x 4
  13. jrad6515

jrad6515 Closed

Thank you!

14. Dylankjustice

Dylankjustice Member

Well, I was mistaken. My wife was actually traveling up highway 75 to Tulsa and not the other direction. Still though, I should be passing by the next coming weekend.

• Like x 3
  15. mike123abc

mike123abc Member

Went by today, still no new activity. Everything still looks ready for the pedestals (and the electric meter).

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. bcurry081

bcurry081 Member

Me too. Went by about 4 this afternoon. What's the holdup?

• Like x 1
  17. rafacq

rafacq Member

Seems Tesla should improve their schedule management. Sure would be nice if they had an office that would do a good job of posting implementation updates, not just coming soon in 2019. How many years has Wichita Falls been “coming soon”? There must be a project manager somewhere keeping track of the construction.

18. reddy

reddy Member

My experience with construction trades is that nothing is ever done on schedule.

And since the supercharger work depends on weather, and the willingness/timeliness of the local utility to provide a jumbo sized transformer, the work is not fully predictable.

Tesla seems to enjoy surprising us with a working supercharger, rather than making timing promises that can't be kept.

Imagine somebody scheduling a long distance drive to a SC, with the expectation it would be operational, and then discover it was still not commissioned?

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  19. rafacq

rafacq Member

Since this Supercharger location is no longer Wichita Falls, shouldn’t the thread name be updated to reflect the fact that the actual location is Henrietta, 20 miles southeast of WF? Either replace the name or call it Wichita Falls/Henrietta! What do you guys think?

• Like x 6
  20. NoPetrolDream

NoPetrolDream Fandango

My experience with construction trades is similar to yours.

And good point regarding supercharger promotion...I had no idea there was going to be one installed in Alvarado, TX. It's not even shown as a potential site on the Tesla supercharger map. And yet, it's going in regardless.