Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henrietta, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since this Supercharger location is no longer Wichita Falls, shouldn’t the thread name be updated to reflect the fact that the actual location is Henrietta, 20 miles southeast of WF? Either replace the name or call it Wichita Falls/Henrietta! What do you guys think?

This a good idea since going forward people new to this thread or searching for it would be better off with Henrietta in the name to reduce confusion. Who owns the thread or who can change it?

Reactions: rafacq
Probably best to wait until the station opens and Tesla changes the name of the location. People will come looking for the promised Wichita Falls Supercharger location and not find it. When Tesla says it is Henrietta, then people will search for Henrietta and the thread should be renamed to assist with the Google search.

In the meantime, add Henrietta to the name as suggested.

Wichita Falls/Henrietta.

I think it's fine to change the thread title to Henrietta now. It's within the Henrietta city limits and there are no other significant towns nearby. And it's not like there will ever be multiple superchargers in Henrietta. So it's hard to imagine Tesla naming it anything other than "Henrietta." Now we just need to find the moderator for this sub-forum who can actually change the title :)

Reactions: rafacq
Well I was wrong in the above post. Went by again today, still no activity, but there are in fact 3 dead trees, one has lost all its leaves so I did not see it at first....
IMG_0278.jpeg

I wonder if they are going to get V3 pedestals? Maybe that is what the wait is for? Even though the back end is supercharger 2.5, having V3 pedestals would allow thinner cords and they would not get so hot when charging at 150 KW. It has been a month with no activity.

Well I was wrong in the above post. Went by again today, still no activity, but there are in fact 3 dead trees, one has lost all its leaves so I did not see it at first....
[
Could you at least water those blasted trees while you’re taking pictures? I don’t want to be looking at a bunch of dead trees when I go there to charge.

Could you at least water those blasted trees while you’re taking pictures? I don’t want to be looking at a bunch of dead trees when I go there to charge.

No worries, Tesla owners supercharging will not have to look at the dead trees!

IMG_0279.JPEG
IMG_0280.JPEG
IMG_0281.JPEG

As you can see today there was some activity! They were actually fixing up the landscaping. If you compare to the picture a couple of posts ago, you can see they have put the pea gravel filling around all the pedestal foundations. They are also putting up fence posts, so I assume they will hide the dead trees behind the fence. They obviously do not want to unsettle Tesla green drivers by having them ponder dead trees while sipping up electrons that surely came from a nearby windmill :)

The shipping container was open today since they were using a portable gasoline generator out of it. There were not any pedestals in it, just a bunch of spools of wire. I assume to go from the pedestals to the back end units.