Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henrietta, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah im on base soo right now not even level 1......ill figure it out though i wont drive much during the week so i can survive by driving to the SC once a week.....i am in a SR+ so yeah 250 miles but thats really only like 150 miles around here

Figured it out guys found a camp ground 6 miles from base with a nema like I have at home in my garage....charging at 33 miles a hr panic over....

Attachments

• A97F8302-686D-49E1-8583-94691004B9C8.jpeg
    A97F8302-686D-49E1-8583-94691004B9C8.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 87
Went by again today... Still missing signage and still not on the supercharger map... But, at least it is still free to use...
I am going to Arizona from DFW this saturday. I can make it to childress without having to stop here. I have RWD Model 3. but I still plan on stopping here and top off a bit so I dont have to worry about turning down cabin heat or slowing down. I know temps can drop pretty low in this area. Anyway. i hope they are working!

Reactions: rafacq
I am going to Arizona from DFW this saturday. I can make it to childress without having to stop here. I have RWD Model 3. but I still plan on stopping here and top off a bit so I dont have to worry about turning down cabin heat or slowing down. I know temps can drop pretty low in this area. Anyway. i hope they are working!
You should definitely stop here to top off. You might be surprised about your range going uphill in cold temps and into the wind at high speeds.

You should definitely stop here to top off. You might be surprised about your range going uphill in cold temps and into the wind at high speeds.
Oh I know. I made this run last year around same time. I left Denton at 93% and though i could get to Childress with 15-20% left over going at 75mph. Made it to Childress with 5% battery. Was not fun watching my range drop so fast.

Reactions: rafacq

Smart move to stop in Henrietta for 15 minutes. Stress your legs, have some ribs, they are delicious! Have a safe trip. I am so ready for a road trip on my Tesla!

Oh I know. I made this run last year around same time. I left Denton at 93% and though i could get to Childress with 15-20% left over going at 75mph. Made it to Childress with 5% battery. Was not fun watching my range drop so fast.

Which car do you have? My ABRP plan shows I won't make it to Childress unless I slow to 58mph even if i charge up to 95% at Denton SC.

I will be heading from DFW to Amarillo and onto NM this Saturday as well. Debating on whether to:
1) charge up in Denton and head straight to Childress (ABRP restricted speed to make it to Childress even at 96% charge from Denton SC) still shows Max speed of 58mph to get to Childress with 10%
OR
2) Count on/hope Henrietta is in working condition and head from Plano to Henrietta as the 1st stop for SC and then onto Childress..
I am leaning towards #1 and if Henrietta is open, problem solved and will top up there for sure. But, if Henrietta is not functioning, I will be limping @58mph to Childress.
Of course, i will try and be conservative from the beginning to conserve as much as I can, but with late evening travel this time of year (cold temps) and the elevation, just don't want to take any chances.

Am going to keep a couple of RV parks along the way as backup plan, but REALLY hoping not to have to stop there.

Well it looks like they finally turned on the billing for the station. Monday's visit was not charged, but now, yesterday's visit showed up. Charge of 24 cents per minute Tier 2 charging...

Still missing half the signs, and still not on the Supercharging map...

the navigation computer is pretty accurate honestly i drove from Vegas to here and it pretty much was close to a percent or 2 so if it says you will make it with 20% as long as your aren't about 75mph you will make it within a percent or 2

Going East, you are losing altitude so that would be easier than what I am going to do (going west gaining elevation). But, i will put this in the Tesla NAV and see what it has to say, so far I am only checking ABRP estimates.

The Nav factors in the elevation changes. It does not factor in weather and of course speed.
Yes, should have quoted his reply, but I was replying to qdubb254 since he was coming east and i would be going west so that would make a difference even if both estimates were coming from the Tesla NAV.
Will report back how it went once I get there, but it looks more and more that I could rely on Henrietta being up and running....so hopefully it's all moot.