Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henrietta, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is such great news. Now do not get me wrong, I am excited about this news. But I think Tesla should have installed the SC here first, then later Childress! Just a thought. What do you guys think?
I think they had an easier time with permitting and/or finding a host business in Childress which is why they built there first. They are on more of a 10-year plan for filling in all the gaps rather than prioritizing the precise order in which they open superchargers. It is frustrating for those of us who already own Teslas.

Reactions: rafacq
I'm skeptical that the first v3 site will be in Wichita Falls.

It might be just one of a dozen or more currently at this stage!

I've added it to supercharge.info as a 250kW site. It can always be changed back if it is wrong.

Expect to get a lot of comments in this thread now from others who find it in the supercharge.info recent changes page :)

This is such great news. Now do not get me wrong, I am excited about this news. But I think Tesla should have installed the SC here first, then later Childress! Just a thought. What do you guys think?
They get what they can get. Both Childress and Wichita Falls were on the planned opening 2014 or 2015 map, I forgot which, in order to facilitate DFW-Amarillo (and beyond) traffic on US 287. Childress happened, then Wichita Falls didn’t for whatever reason. Just like San Marcos opened first in 2013 when there wasn’t much use for it by itself, when the plan was for Columbus (Austin-Houston) and Waco (Austin-Dallas) first. That site moved quicker so it was built first.

Reactions: rafacq
I think a lot of it is driven by "free land"... I bet the service station is charging minimal or no rent on the 12 stalls (Tesla of course bears all equipment costs and pays their own electric bill). The travel station gets more customers. The travel station is of course 20 miles from a town that has a lot more selection of stops and restaurants, so the captive audience would be appealing.

It is a nice location for Tesla, easy on/off for US 287 and no lights or much time consuming drive to the supercharger. I stopped at the one in Denton, it took almost 10 minutes from the freeway to the charger with all the slow lights.

Wow, look at the before picture of this service center on google maps, vs the after. I realize not the same angle but you get the idea!
before.jpg
IMG_0002.jpeg

View attachment 409858 View attachment 409860 View attachment 409861 View attachment 409865 Well yes 12 stalls. Late summer opening. Looks like 250 kW per stall with 12,000 amp 480volt service being put in. I saw the Tesla all over the plans.
That's awesome! How were you able to verify that these are going to be 250 kW stalls? 12,000A x 480V / 12 = 480 kW max per stall, so that's more than enough for V3. Did they specifically tell you that it would have 12 stalls at 12,000 amps and 480 volts, or is that being assumed?

Last edited:
Reactions: Peteybabes
That's awesome! How were you able to verify that these are going to be 250 kW stalls? 12,000A x 480V / 12 = 480 kW max per stall, so that's more than enough for V3. Did they specifically tell you that it would have 12 stalls at 12,000 amps and 480 volts, or is that being assumed?

The electrical contractor was there at the time and told me this information. He said they were also working on repairing the one in Fort Worth that burned (he was quick to inform me that they were not the contractor that put it in). He had a full set of plans on the hood of his service truck and was consulting them.

The electrical contractor was there at the time and told me this information. He said they were also working on repairing the one in Fort Worth that burned (he was quick to inform me that they were not the contractor that put it in). He had a full set of plans on the hood of his service truck and was consulting them.

Did he offer an estimate of when the Henrietta charger would come online?

Henrietta, TX

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-82, US-287
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-82:
To: Texarkana, TX - 252.3 miles
Diversion: 2.1 miles

US-287:
To: Corsicana, TX - 173.5 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles

Huge splitter between the Dallas-Fort Worth area and Childress, TX that will make a lot of Texlans happy.