Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wickenburg, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Town of Wickenburg emailed this to me today. I think it's going to come across sideways.....

Yep.....

I had to fix it...

Wickenburg-2.jpg

3 spots reserved for Tesla charging only.

3 spots are "general parking" -- but have Superchargers. Other cars can park there, but only Teslas will be able to charge (pending other makes adopting Tesla's Supercharger)... That's not uncommon for Supercharger sites...

Right. This is also, remember, the town's publicly-owned Town Hall parking lot. It was a bit of a delicate dance at the Council meeting of a very, very "things-are-just-fine-as-they've-always-been" community in getting the town to okay shunting a goodly portion of quite a small parking lot in front of the Town Hall to these newfangled contraptions (I counted a total of about 16 slots, I think). This is a lot different from getting permission from, say, Carl's Jr.

I read the article to say that anyone could use the other three chargers, which makes no sense, but what they meant was anyone could use the other three spaces. Will there definitely be six charging slots? I was told by tesla people here that it would be four because of space and power limitations.

The newspaper article states that "[t]he Town will not be performing parking enforcement on any of the spaces". That is somewhat disappointing, as that means there is no recourse of even the three dedicated spaces are ICEd.

Some more pictures, from Friday June 20. Not much going on.

Thanks for the pics... I bet the crew is working AZ summer hours -- Probably dawn to 10-11am or so. They might have an evening shift, although possibly with Fri off...

Looks like the SC cabinets will be behind a cinder block wall... I'd expect next week to have the conduit in place, stall posts poured and backfill completed... I'll be pleasantly surprised if this is complete before our road trip to TMC Connect, but it is possible. Definitely should be energized by the time we head home -- would be really nice to avoid dropping down to Buckeye on I-10...

That's some great progress from a week ago. Though it looks like a bunch of conduit still sitting around.

Was thinking the same thing. Perhaps that's the next step to install, then backfill and final concrete or paving. Then mount the charger cabinets and keep your fingers crossed that APS can get the transformer installed timely.

We leave for TMC connect in 3 weeks -- perhaps we'll be able to leave home without range charging and do a quick stop in Wickenburg on the way to Quartzsite!

Well that looks great. The superchargers are there, looks like the transformers are too. Maybe this will get done sooner than we thought.

The Supercharger Cabinets are there as well as the Distribution Center. The empty pad is waiting for the Transformer which is not yet there. The good news is that all the conduits are in place, so all the utility has to do is install the transformer and connect the cables.

A picture is worth a 1,000 words.

Blanding Equipment-2.jpg

The utility transformer is in place and the stall housings are on the pedestals. My guess is that hard wiring, site clean up, permit inspection, and final site testing still need to be done. The pedestals did not have power! No matter what I do photo posts upside down.... I'll rotate it next the next time I post!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    912.8 KB · Views: 241