Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wickenburg, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Audie: I think you'll need to have more than three Tesla owners in Alaska to justify a SpC network in the Land of the Midnight Sun . . . heck, you leave your MS in Arizona anyway.

He leaves his S in AZ because he can't drive it to AK!

The encouragement to build the network is that
(1) the Yukon and Alaska are popular tourist destinations
(2) it would be extremely cool to be able to drive a long-range electric car all the way to Alaska. The Yukon is quiet and beautiful and would be far less spoiled by electric cars than explosion engines.

In all seriousness, Money's points are on the money: enhancement of tourist potential. Driving to/from Alaska is on many, MANY peoples' bucket list, and with very good reason.

Also, Mark, the last time we were in town (aka Anchorage), about seven weeks ago, we saw three separate Model Ss, and that excluded Josh's. So I personally "know" four. Conjecturally, we're now at about seven in the state....

The Scottsdale Service Center folks told me there is a Service Center coming to Anchorage. I posted about that quite a few months back. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to wonder if this news mightn't more appropriately be categorized under that awfully full folder of "Unsubstantiatable Rumours Coming From Supposedly Reputable Sources".

For you and other 2am-ers:
As oft-demonstrated, the SpC site is in the Town Hall parking lot. The Town Hall's lobby is open 24 hours, and there are restrooms inside. Inasmuch as the back of the building is the police headquarters, I am confident they are "safe" bathrooms; I do know there are security cameras in the lobby itself.

I'll offer some downtown eating tips when I have the time. Nothing at 2am, though!!!!! (The McD-type places south of downtown are 24hr ones).

For you and other 2am-ers:
As oft-demonstrated, the SpC site is in the Town Hall parking lot. The Town Hall's lobby is open 24 hours, and there are restrooms inside. Inasmuch as the back of the building is the police headquarters, I am confident they are "safe" bathrooms; I do know there are security cameras in the lobby itself.

I'll offer some downtown eating tips when I have the time. Nothing at 2am, though!!!!! (The McD-type places south of downtown are 24hr ones).

There's also a Basha's grocery store across the street (to the north of the Superchargers). I just looked at their hours -- 6am to 10pm for reference...

The McDonald's is about a 10 minute walk away...

Just stopped by and powered up at a 360 mph charge.
while I was charging I had a nice talk with a local police officer and shared what the car had to offer, so far this had been the nicest supercharger I have been too.
BTW AudubonB- I decided I wasn't going to blind everyone in wickenburg so I removed the chrome wrap :biggrin:
IMG_7931.JPG

My wife keeps telling me to spend less time on the forum, elsebeotherwise I'd give our recommendations on where to eat. Some nice - ALL of them family-owned - choices within strolling distance.