Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Williams, CA - 6th Street (LIVE 18 Dec 2019, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When were you there? I stopped by on Sunday around 5pm and got about 200kW (albeit not for very long) arriving at 32% SoC.

The SC was 100% full and I had to wait for several minutes before two spots opened up (I was second in line). It was also about 100ºF.

My average power for the session was 138kW and it only took 12 minutes to charge from 32% to 70%.

Just enough time to use the restroom and also get some ice cream from across the street :D
Sunday around 3p. Was the model X with the trailer still charging when you got there?

No, I would be surprised if any Tesla took 2 hours to charge at a Supercharger, even at reduced charging rates. Of course, one could leave their car plugged in way past their point of charge completion, but that’s just not cool.

Or, one could have the crippled SC rates that the old 85s have that take 90 minutes from 10% to 90% if the weather is not hot, and a 90% charge were absolutely needed . . . .

Or, one could have the crippled SC rates that the old 85s have that take 90 minutes from 10% to 90% if the weather is not hot, and a 90% charge were absolutely needed . . . .
Was going to say... I think a lot of the Model 3 crowd would be surprised at how long it can take to supercharge an older S or X. Even my high mileage S100D can take a solid 1.5 hours to do a range charge. A true 0 to 100% would be longer than that. And of course v3 is no help when your charging speed is nerfed anyway.

Only got 120kw at 15% arrival on my model 3. Granted the chargers were 80% full. Was hoping for some 200kw+ goodness. Got some ice cream across the street. It was 100F ....
I just missed you today. I got 162kW right away charging my 2017 X with the battery showing about 90 miles or range remaining. Only two other cars charging when I was there.

Yes, it was damn not... :cool:

Did you go camping again? I think I've read a few posts/comments you made about Joshua tree supercharger at one point. Your setup looks awesome.
@ecarfan and I crossed each other, both pulling our campers, at the Williams Supercharger yesterday afternoon. That was a fun coincidence and reminded me of the "old days" of TMC when there were significantly fewer Supercharger locations (and owners) so TMC members would cross paths more often.

Reactions: bmah
@ecarfan and I crossed each other, both pulling our campers, at the Williams Supercharger yesterday afternoon. That was a fun coincidence and reminded me of the "old days" of TMC when there were significantly fewer Supercharger locations (and owners) so TMC members would cross paths more often.

Ah yes the good ole’ days when @ecarfan still had his S85 and needed chains ;)

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman
Here’s a photo of the four new stalls I took on Monday, March 22nd. Also visible is the third SC cabinet.

A4B4CE06-9D11-4279-970E-C36A7ED750BE.jpeg

@bmah Would it be appropriate to update the title of this thread to indicate 12 stalls?

Here’s a photo of the four new stalls I took on Monday, March 22nd. Also visible is the third SC cabinet.

View attachment 648056

@bmah Would it be appropriate to update the title of this thread to indicate 12 stalls?
Yep, sorry, I should have updated this a long time ago, but I think I was waiting for somebody to post a photo or something like that and it just slipped my mind. Fixed now.

Thanks!

Bruce.

I noticed these (well, actually my passenger did) when we arrrived over the weekend and there was only 1 open stall on the main side.. I drove around the back of the lot and pulled up to the the four bank and charged at 1069mph rate for about 10 minutes, before settling down to ~667 for a bit more. Added 197 miles in 17 minutes, which is all we needed to get to back to peninsula. Just so you know, 16 minutes is how long it takes to plug in, check car, walk to the Starbucks about .2 miles up the road, order a grande coffee and use the restroom (with no wait) and walk back and settle in, unplug and go. ;-). If V3 charging gets any faster, I’m going to have to RUN to the starbucks. This is a GREAT SC for southbound travel for sure.

I noticed these (well, actually my passenger did) when we arrrived over the weekend and there was only 1 open stall on the main side.. I drove around the back of the lot and pulled up to the the four bank and charged at 1069mph rate for about 10 minutes, before settling down to ~667 for a bit more. Added 197 miles in 17 minutes, which is all we needed to get to back to peninsula. Just so you know, 16 minutes is how long it takes to plug in, check car, walk to the Starbucks about .2 miles up the road, order a grande coffee and use the restroom (with no wait) and walk back and settle in, unplug and go. ;-). If V3 charging gets any faster, I’m going to have to RUN to the starbucks. This is a GREAT SC for southbound travel for sure.
Yep, sorry, I should have updated this a long time ago, but I think I was waiting for somebody to post a photo or something like that and it just slipped my mind. Fixed now.

Thanks!

Bruce.
I went through here yesterday on my way to redbluff and was planning on charging here. This site did not populate on the map in my Y. I didn’t get a chance to check it out. Any idea why it wouldn’t be on the map at all?