Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Williamsburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is just a placeholder to coincide with the "future" SuC in Williamsburg. I'm going to dig around and see if I can find more information. I, for one, am a bit surprised that one was built in Newport News before Williamsburg (due to the amount of tourism in/around Williamsburg). There are only a few highly available level 2 chargers available in Williamsburg, so a Supercharger will be a welcome addition.

This is just a placeholder to coincide with the "future" SuC in Williamsburg. I'm going to dig around and see if I can find more information. I, for one, am a bit surprised that one was built in Newport News before Williamsburg (due to the amount of tourism in/around Williamsburg). There are only a few highly available level 2 chargers available in Williamsburg, so a Supercharger will be a welcome addition.

I used the HPWC near the College Bookstore quite a bit during a recent reunion. A supercharger would be a great addition! Thanks for monitoring.

Reactions: swengl
I wonder why they didn't decide to put it in the new Wawa being built at 6446 Richmond Rd? The Richmond Rd location is closer to the interstate, but I guess the Merrimac Trail site is nestled between CW and Busch Gardens. Either way, I'm glad they are moving forward with a much needed SuC in/near Williamsburg.

It's under construction, WaWa at Merrimac Trail and Penniman Road near Busch Gardens. Taken this morning 19 Oct 2020

Attachments

• 20201019_080219.jpg
    20201019_080219.jpg
    659.1 KB · Views: 230
  • 20201019_080234.jpg
    20201019_080234.jpg
    721 KB · Views: 143
The fences have been taken down but otherwise no change since the last update. There is still no Tesla equipment on site, unless maybe some of it is being stored in that container box.

Also, I suspect there will be frequent ICE'ing at this Wawa, as that row of parking spaces was constantly rotating in and out, these spots weren't taken by employees.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Glad to have something close to home. It’s not the nicest Wawa, and not in the nicest area, IIRC a woman was abducted while fueling her car there some time ago. There’s a great restaurant just up the street, Casa Pearl, tacos and oysters, that is worth trying.

Edit: From the pics looks like they are accessible from both sides, is this correct?

Last edited:
Glad to have something close to home. It’s not the nicest Wawa, and not in the nicest area, IIRC a woman was abducted while fueling her car there some time ago. There’s a great restaurant just up the street, Casa Pearl, tacos and oysters, that is worth trying.

Edit: From the pics looks like they are accessible from both sides, is this correct?

makes you wonder how they decide on the specific locations. I’m sure there are nicer locations in Williamsburg.

Reactions: laservet