Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Williston, VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And the first charge goes to.... a white Model S. :)

1619204135827.png

@tes-s @MarcoRP

Dear white Model S driver,

Please wave to the camera when you're done charging so that the site will marked open on supercharge.info.

Thanks!
:) I guess they aren't monitoring the forum - they just left after a good long time there. I think it's safe to say he was charging the site is online (for now at least - typical V3 growing pains possible). Not yet showing on the nav (no surprise).

:) I guess they aren't monitoring the forum - they just left after a good long time there. I think it's safe to say he was charging the site is online (for now at least - typical V3 growing pains possible). Not yet showing on the nav (no surprise).
It's definitely alive... but not very fast. Arrived with 50% charge and maxed out at 60kW.
20210423_165914.jpg

Attachments

• 20210423_165945.jpg
    20210423_165945.jpg
    695.2 KB · Views: 45
Probably normal. Assuming you came a relatively short distance, the battery may not have been up to temp for faster charging rates. Also, since the site is new, it's *possible* charge rates may be temporarily reduced (not sure about this though). Very interesting to see that you're being charged for this session. $3.98 seems a bit high for 2 miles of rated range though - previous session charge perhaps? Usually when a site is first brought online there is a period of time before Tesla starts charging.

Captured moments before you departed ;) End of webcam monitoring...

1619211912373.png

Probably normal. Assuming you came a relatively short distance, the battery may not have been up to temp for faster charging rates. Also, since the site is new, it's *possible* charge rates may be temporarily reduced (not sure about this though). Very interesting to see that you're being charged for this session. $3.98 seems a bit high for 2 miles of rated range though - previous session charge perhaps? Usually when a site is first brought online there is a period of time before Tesla starts charging.

Captured moments before you departed ;) End of webcam monitoring...

Good point, definitely wasn't warmed up. Ran over to home depot and hit this on the way home, only about a mile of driving before I plugged in

Reactions: Tdreamer
For those that follow supercharger construction timelines, here is a start-to-finish timeline from this thread. Once construction started, this is about as fast as it gets for completion. New construction techniques Tesla is testing out, pre-built V3 supercharger+pedistals they lower into place and then just hook up to the transformer - seen recently in Beaver, UT, will speed this up even more if adopted.

6/01/2020 construction permit issued

3/29 assumed construction start (Littleton, MA finished 3/26 - same crew)
4/06 conduits run, pedestal bases set, supercharger cabinets installed
4/07 pedestals installed
4/09 construction complete - crew departs 8pm
4/11 electrical inspections in the morning
4/13 brief site visit from utility (green mountain power)
4/22 transformer installed, connected and energized (8:30am-2:00pm)
4/23 Tesla supercharger team commissions site (one with a Model S; second with personal car)
- 7:35am supercharger cabinet work and per-pedestal work
- 2:10pm per-pedestal validation with Tesla tech's Model S
- 2:20pm site photos / project complete
4/23 first charge at 2:56pm by a white Model S

I charged here yesterday and they still haven't installed the lamp post. This is strange because I've seen this issue hold up the opening of a few superchargers. Glad it didn't this time. Superchargers worked GREAT.
It’s Vermont. I think safety is a bit less of a concern there than some other spots. Agrees on the superchargers- I got my highest lifetime charge rate there the day after it went live.

Reactions: Ejay87 and PLUS EV