Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Williston, VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pedestals currently going up. Anyone have some popcorn?

How can I work remotely when I can remotely watch the construction? It seems they are progressing fast.

1617803928426.png

Last edited:
I wish they had built St. J/Lyndon first before Williston, which, let's face it, is essentially just adding capacity to the existing Burlington site 5 miles away.

Though this is the only site under construction in New England according the supercharge.info, I doubt this is indeed the case. Since people tend to travel less these days, a lot of construction activity can go unnoticed.

By the way, I think Tesla's map stating a Q3 '21 target opening reaffirms the long standing knowledge that these dates should still be taken with a healthy degree of skepticism. Project timelines are dynamic, and if a site isn't ready to go when originally planned, Tesla will look for opportunities to start another project ahead of it's previous timeline. We'll hopefully soon see which regional site is next to start...

1617999560039.png

Reactions: ilyak and mociaf9
It’s been a few years since I lived in the area, but from what I remember, getting past the first light off of 89 was a royal pain in the rear even before all of the apartment complexes sprung up. Given that this location is next to the new Healthy Living, I feel like it will be quite challenging to get to in terms of traffic. Have things improved at all?

Edit: I do have to note that it’s probably not going to be anywhere near as bad as getting back on the highway from the current BTV location, but still I wish it was in one of the closer lots off of 89.

Construction complete the crew just departed. As with Littleton, MA, there is a light pole that still needs to be installed. Probably contracted out to someone else for both sites. From the screen capture, it looks like we have an empty transformer pad.

View attachment 652323
What’s the guess on how long before the transformer is installed and the chargers go live? I didn’t know how to attach photos, so hopefully this link works.

It appears they still have some more work to do - it looks like a small crew is there today doing pedistal wiring. Also looks like the previous post's picture courtesy of @evfan_vt shows cable spools and possibly other stuff still there.

Once the supercharger construction itself is completed, the utility transformer and meter are in place and local inspections completed (hard to say how long all that will take), Tesla needs to visit to commission the site (test and possibly tweak settings?) which depends on where the supercharger techs are in the region. That can take days or weeks (and occasionally much longer).

1618239743681.png

I'm now thinking the visit this morning was an inspection. A short time after my previous update a small white SUV arrived with a single occupant (screen capture attached as he departed) and spent about 15-20 minutes talking with the contractor. They started at the switch gear cabinet, then progressed the supercharger cabinet, and finally a pedestal. Guy went back to his car, was there another 10-15 minutes doing something and then drove off. The contractor then buttoned everything up and left just before noon and has not returned.

1618250546825.png

The crews left at 2pm. Hard to tell if there is a meter on the side of the switch gear cabinet - I *think* there may be one when comparing this image and previous screen captures. The crew also spent about 10 minutes in front of the switch gear cabinet and supercharger cabinets as if verifying something (like that they now had power perhaps?). I still assume any new site needs to be visited by the Tesla supercharger team to test/verify/commission before it's live. But I wonder... have V3 sites perhaps now evolved to the point where basic commissioning can be done remotely? Can't tell if the stalls are lit during the day from the webcam - perhaps you can tell after dark. Keep an eye on the nav for this one (or anyone local perhaps could swing by to check).

1619115208594.png