Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Willow Beach, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It isn’t a town lol. Just a name on a map. I have driven this route close to a hundred times and had never heard of Willow Beach either. I’m guessing the “beach” is some place down on the river and this gas station is up on the highway nearby.

Oh, Willow Beach is actually a thing, and I'm surprised you haven't noticed the turn-off once the highway starts paralleling the river. The station isn't at Willow Beach proper, but it's the closest "named place," I guess you could say. Google Maps

I hope he finds some dirt in Globe, AZ and Show Low/Pinetop, AZ too!

"This guy" is actually a small corporation. I can tell you from my insider info that there are no other superchargers planned at this time at their locations after Willow Beach. That may change in the future, of course. If I find out anything new, you'll hear it from me here (or on Facebook) first.

Willow Beach, AZ

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-93
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-93

To: Henderson, NV - 43.6 miles
Diversion: 1.2 miles
To: Las Vegas, NV - 65.4 miles

US-93 starts from US-60 in Wickenburg, AZ.

Density along US-93 and the future-if-it-ever-happens I-11.

• Informative
Reactions: otter
A wee little bit of progress over the last month... Photos from @Nyroc on PlugShare
EB9A2F71-8EE1-40CF-AD24-37CF3E7B4FFF.jpeg
6DF46174-CC86-413D-B7E3-8353E0B362AE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kudos to this guy/company for adding these superchargers in New River, Tacna, and now White Hills. These faster chargers help us Phoenix folks with our drives to Flagstaff, San Diego, and now Vegas (whenever things open up). I too wish they added a supercharger to a Shell location in the East Valley of Phoenix Metro (Chandler, Gilbert area).

Those who would like to join a Phoenix-area Facebook group can join: Log into Facebook | Facebook

We enjoyed it. Something to see once, nice change from the Vegas strip and traffic.
I found it to be the worst tourist trap I had ever encountered and that's really saying something. We actually turned around and left just on principle. I think the "you can take selfies with your phone but we charge $12.99 per selfie" comment was the straw that broke the camel's back. Just take an extra day and make it out to South Rim imo. Or better yet, take a couple extra drives and enjoy the excellent drive to the less crowded North Rim.