Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Windsor, CA (LIVE 5 Nov 2021, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Promising development: Concrete transformer enclosure on site now. Still waiting for transformer.
91BEF1F8-61E4-4326-AF22-B540D4FA23C6.jpeg
F1C592C9-455C-4531-B245-1B2FDDFA445A.jpeg

The plot thickens!

I think is is safe to assume the transformer will be located on the (new) concrete pad.
Regarding the new vault, I have two (speculative) thoughts:
1. This new vault will replace an existing, smaller vault that is located under/near the sidewalk north of the site (see posting dated May 20). Reasoning: the existing vault is too small to allow the additional connections needed for the Supercharger.
2. This new vault is for future electrical expansion and has something to do with the trench lines that were marked on the asphalt next to the transformer pad. The trench lines were marked, but no trench was ever dug.

I went by there this morning and peeked through the gaps in the brown equipment fence/wall. I saw what looks like a large green transformer along with (I think) two white supercharger inverters. So, it seems to me that the transformer has been there for a while, unless you all think the green box serves another purpose. The concrete vault hasn’t moved since I took that photo, but a porta-potty showed up next to it. Safety pillars still block the parking spots.

The plot thickens!

I think is is safe to assume the transformer will be located on the (new) concrete pad.
Regarding the new vault, I have two (speculative) thoughts:
1. This new vault will replace an existing, smaller vault that is located under/near the sidewalk north of the site (see posting dated May 20). Reasoning: the existing vault is too small to allow the additional connections needed for the Supercharger.
2. This new vault is for future electrical expansion and has something to do with the trench lines that were marked on the asphalt next to the transformer pad. The trench lines were marked, but no trench was ever dug.

I went by there this morning and peeked through the gaps in the brown equipment fence/wall. I saw what looks like a large green transformer along with (I think) two white supercharger inverters. So, it seems to me that the transformer has been there for a while, unless you all think the green box serves another purpose. The concrete vault hasn’t moved since I took that photo, but a porta-potty showed up next to it. Safety pillars still block the parking spots.
I looked back through this thread and found zeptomoby's excellent site photos - It seems I was looking at green equipment cabinets - perhaps breakers and power distribution, not a transformer (the gaps in the fence are narrow :)

A large Ditch Witch ”vacuum excavation” unit has arrived on site. According to the operator’s manual I found online, it can be used for “soft excavation, including exposing utilities for visual verification and potholing”. I’m also guessing that it can clean that Honey Bucket lickety-split. :)

6FC4DC76-D4BF-47ED-92C2-5EC7C0CAAEE6.jpeg 581AA6ED-6BB5-47BB-A6E6-2AEE4CC9748B.jpeg

Wow - this Supercharger build has really turned into quite the project.

Reactions: mociaf9
I went by the site yesterday (Monday). I did not see any evidence of any construction work being done at the Supercharger site. But the Ditch Witch was gone, replaced with this enormous roll of conduit.

265A9DA8-0916-4404-803F-81E8F06A1E48.jpeg

There is a fair amount of utility work being done on Lakewood Drive, near where the Supercharger is located. I think what may be happening is that some of the equipment being stored at the Supercharger (like the Ditch Witch contraption) is actually being used for that work.