Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Windsor, CA (LIVE 5 Nov 2021, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went by the site yesterday (Monday). I did not see any evidence of any construction work being done at the Supercharger site. But the Ditch Witch was gone, replaced with this enormous roll of conduit.

View attachment 709472

There is a fair amount of utility work being done on Lakewood Drive, near where the Supercharger is located. I think what may be happening is that some of the equipment being stored at the Supercharger (like the Ditch Witch contraption) is actually being used for that work.
There's a good chance that the electrical utility work includes the upgrade or new line install needed to connect the transformer for the Superchargers. It would explain why getting a transformer in place is taking so long at this site. So still very good news.

Here is an update from the town's Facebook page:

𝗣𝗚&𝗘 𝗟𝗮𝗸𝗲𝘄𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗗𝗿𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗷𝗲𝗰𝘁: PG&E is connecting electric power to the Tesla charging stations at the north end of the Raley’s parking lot and connecting other power feeds to existing buildings on Lakewood Drive.
Project limits are from Old Redwood Highway and Lakewood Drive north to a few hundred feet beyond Los Amigos, and from Lakewood Drive northwest on Brooks Road to Edgewood Pl. Construction activity, which includes restoring asphalt, concrete and landscape, started August 30 and will be completed on or around October 14.

Significant update: I talked with one of the workers (perhaps a Supervisor) as they loaded the concrete vault onto a flatbed this morning. All this equipment is used for the trenching work on Lakewood/Brookes Rds, and it's related to hooking up power for the Superchargers. They needed to connect to a higher-power underground circuit, hence all the work. The work has been complicated by the presence of many existing pipes and conduits under the sidewalk and driveway at the traffic signal - a mix of power, cable and water, if I understood correctly. The planting of the concrete vault was a big deal towards project completion. He told me they expect to install the Supercharger transformer as early as next week! Don't know how much longer until current is flowing after that 😁

Here’s the concrete vault and a massive crane, ready to move…

Attachments

• 291D07FA-E865-426E-920B-B61C29CF6090.jpeg
    291D07FA-E865-426E-920B-B61C29CF6090.jpeg
    1,009 KB · Views: 139
Transformer went in last Tuesday, and wiring took place on Wednesday. Tesla techs were on site yesterday and today. Although one tech this afternoon was reluctant to commit to powering them up today, my wife tried them out a couple hours later and found them live! Believe she was the first to get a charge there 😁. Was not yet on the map as of this evening - should show there soon I imagine. Gotta say this: Just like the Rangers I’ve met, these techs were considerate and took the time to chat a couple of minutes and answer my questions. Top notch.

Transformer went in last Tuesday, and wiring took place on Wednesday. Tesla techs were on site yesterday and today. Although one tech this afternoon was reluctant to commit to powering them up today, my wife tried them out a couple hours later and found them live! Believe she was the first to get a charge there 😁. Was not yet on the map as of this evening - should show there soon I imagine. Gotta say this: Just like the Rangers I’ve met, these techs were considerate and took the time to chat a couple of minutes and answer my questions. Top notch.
@Chuq @MarcoRP @corywright

Stopped heading north from bay area on Sunday 10/16/22. Relatively close to 101, chargers are easily accessible from the main access road, short walk to Raley's and other amenities. Used the bathroom in Raley's-- they have like 5-6 unisex ones, I had to pass on like the first 2-3 when I opened the doors, not clean/maintained well. Found a decent one, then grabbed an early lunch on my way out. I agree with sxnahm- 9ish out of 10. Very mellow area, good for my dog, lots of amenities, just nothing spectacular.

Reactions: sxnahm