Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Windsor, CA (LIVE 5 Nov 2021, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it safe to say that Tesla has likely abandoned this location at this point? Maybe it was a back-up if the Santa Rosa one didn't get approved?
I wouldn't think so. They have already put a huge effort in to developing detailed plans and getting approvals. My guess it's just been put at a lower priority or having trouble finding a contractor?

That looks promising!

I wonder if the previous location in the Railey's parking lot on Lakewood Dr. stalled out and they chose a new spot. In scanning many of the issued permits for the past year on Windsor's permit site but did not come upon anything new for Tesla prior to 2018.

We all know Tesla's supercharger site pin locations are never 100% accurate, but it currently shows the site near the square in Windsor Town Green which could also be an ideal spot. Next time I'm up there going to drive around to see if there's any signs of construction nearby (as opening in Q1 would imply they should already be further along).

This site is now listed as coming Q1 2021 in the recently updated Tesla Charger Map.

Find Us | Tesla

• Helpful
Reactions: MarcoRP
That looks promising!

I wonder if the previous location in the Railey's parking lot on Lakewood Dr. stalled out and they chose a new spot. In scanning many of the issued permits for the past year on Windsor's permit site but did not come upon anything new for Tesla prior to 2018.

We all know Tesla's supercharger site pin locations are never 100% accurate, but it currently shows the site near the square in Windsor Town Green which could also be an ideal spot. Next time I'm up there going to drive around to see if there's any signs of construction nearby (as opening in Q1 would imply they should already be further along).
That's just the generic pin placement for the town of Windsor from Google Maps. So don't bother looking at that specific location.

Reactions: EVCarGUy and bmah
Drove through the Raley's lot this evening and sure enough, there is construction happening in the far end of the lot. No sign of any stalls but this sure looks like they've started the work from what I see in these photos.
IMG_2868.jpg
IMG_2869.jpg
IMG_2870.jpg
IMG_2871.jpg
IMG_2874.jpg
IMG_2872.jpg

Drove through the Raley's lot this evening and sure enough, there is construction happening in the far end of the lot. No sign of any stalls but this sure looks like they've started the work from what I see in these photos.
View attachment 628187 View attachment 628188 View attachment 628189 View attachment 628190 View attachment 628192 View attachment 628191
Definitely the supercharger build. In the bottom right corner of the last picture you posted, you can see the wooden pattern forms which help the contractors properly lay out the conduit for the V3 supercharger cabinets. It's not quite "Tesla branded" plywood, but in my mind there's no question this is it. Good spotting and great pics. Thanks for posting.

Definitely the supercharger build. In the bottom right corner of the last picture you posted, you can see the wooden pattern forms which help the contractors properly lay out the conduit for the V3 supercharger cabinets. It's not quite "Tesla branded" plywood, but in my mind there's no question this is it. Good spotting and great pics. Thanks for posting.

Fair enough...thanks! Updating thread title.

Bruce.

Today I counted conduit in place for 10 pedestals, with 2 two more in-progress pedestal areas marked out with day-glow paint. Also on site now are what look to be 3 prefabricated cement SC cabinet foundations. This all points to 12 stalls total, which agrees with the building permit post from May, 2019.

755A218E-4FB2-4A1C-A719-BC9F9D458515.jpeg FAA7A591-7053-4F45-BD8D-5E7F36228E23.jpeg

Reactions: house9 and mociaf9