TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

SuperCharger - Winnemucca NV

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by KJD, Jan 23, 2015.

1. KJD

KJD Member

Called the Planning office in Winnemucca and the Tesla Supercharger location has been approved.

The location is on West Winnemucca Blvd, behind the Chevron station. Gotta love those city employees in small towns. :biggrin:

2. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

I do love the Development office folks. It's rewarding to get a good relationship established.
    I really don't think they get out-of-state callers that much. Tesla projects can turn them into rock stars! Well, at least put them on a way bigger 'stage.' :D

3. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

4. KJD

KJD Member

I am sure that is the right address. When I talked to the planning office it was 10 to 5 and she was getting ready to leave for the night.

She did say there was only one Chevron in town and everybody knows where its at. Just ask anyone. :smile:

The Permit has been paid for but not picked up yet, so no construction has started at this time.

5. cpa

cpa Member

I love the irony of this location (and Needles). Right next to an ICE refueling station! (And I couldn't help but notice that Boot Hill is adjacent to the charging location!)
    b

6. vinnie97

vinnie97 Member

Almost as ironic as the station in Edison, NJ! ;) I have to continue to admire Tesla and its owners' happenstance from afar...my financial outlook is bleak. One day, one day (hopefully).

7. smartypnz

smartypnz Member

So if one wanted to get to from Northern Calif to Boise in an MS 85, which would be better (to veer off the SC route) - Winnemucca or Elko? Just don't want to go as far off course as Salt Lake City.

8. Cottonwood

Winnemucca to Boise is only 259 miles on US95. Find one good, friendly RV park along the way, with a 50A outlet for a little top up, and it should be an easy hop.

Have fun!

- - - Updated - - -

See my post at "I80 Nevada, Reno to West Wendover SuperChargers, Anything?". With Winnemucca found, the chain of Superchargers is known from the Bay Area to Salt Lake City.

I-80-3.jpg

9. GRA

GRA Member

Now all they need to do is infill at Battle Mountain and Wells, both because those provide the best spacing for 60s from Truckee/Lovelock, and because anyone going to Yellowstone/Grand Teton from Northern California will take U.S. 93 at Wells instead of going out of the way to SLC. Battle Mountain also provides a link to U.S. 50 at Austin via a scenic route, for later. And let's get some SCs in the Burley/Heyburn area plus Pocatello, Idaho Falls and W. Yellowstone this year. Oh, and Brigham City (preferred) or Tremonton so the folks in SLC can also get there, plus Jackson and/or Moran Junction to cover the Tetons and the southern approach to Yellowstone.

10. emupilot

emupilot Member

I sent an e-mail to the city building inspector before the original poster just picked up the phone and called. I got the following response today, indicating that construction may have begun:

11. MikeL

MikeL some guy

Thanks Kyle, and to think how much I worried about the I-80 NV SuperCharger build out! Pfft . . . piece of cake. Quite a while ago, when there were still only 2 "red dots" across all of Nevada (& no Wendover, right on the border, which is now HOT !!!) , I wrote to the SC Team, expressing my concern that those would be insufficient. Their response basically said, "don't worry, we got you covered." Yes indeed.

12. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

Lovelock is now live!

13. Kwat

Kwat Member

I was in Winnemucca at the Supercharger Sunday Feb.8 The equipment is all in except the transformer has not been installed.

IMG_3735 2.JPG

14. slcasner

slcasner Member

#14 slcasner, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    I don't suppose there is any chance that an HPWC is being installed as well, since SC sites generally do not have them. I'm planning a trip from northern CA to Sun Valley, ID in my Roadster, with a charging stop in Winnemucca at an RV park. But now that I have hcsharp's MS to Roadster adapter, finding an 80A charge station there would cut my waiting time in half.

15. MikeL

MikeL some guy

Good but, MORE Information please ! Is the car in the photo plugged in just for looks? Transformer not installed? That's pretty much the whole enchilada. Oh, and WHERE is IT ?!? :scared: Thanks, ML

16. Kwat

Kwat Member

MikeL Yes the car is plugged in the site is ready but the transformer has not been set. No electrons moving sorry! Yes just for looks.

17. ThinkingAboutIt

Winnemucca, NV is live per Tesla website!

18. derowland

derowland Member

Winnemucca, NV Supercharger now open.

Glad to see this one open up. This makes it possible to get across Nevada on I-80 ... now, if Wyoming and Nebraska get some SCs, it will be a great boost to I-80 travelers.

19. Cottonwood

20. wabbit

wabbit Member

Perhaps with a trailer hitch and you could tow the kayaks.