Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Winnipeg, MB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the Polo Park site yesterday.
The workers there are only working and building the ramp and don't know anything about a charger being built.
They said that Manitoba Hydro installed the transformer but don't know what it's about.
To extrapolate, perhaps Hydro installed their transformer and are waiting for tesla to do their part.
So technically, this site is not in the "construction" phase.

• Disagree
Reactions: Andy O
I was at the Polo Park site yesterday.
The workers there are only working and building the ramp and don't know anything about a charger being built.
They said that Manitoba Hydro installed the transformer but don't know what it's about.
To extrapolate, perhaps Hydro installed their transformer and are waiting for tesla to do their part.
So technically, this site is not in the "construction" phase.
Negative. If there is a transformer there, it is under construction.

My guess is that PCL is doing the work for both the ramp and the Supercharger site.

Reactions: Big Earl
Well, 204EV's photo shows the back of a hefty Hydro box someone has written "Tesla". My photos show Hydro has pulled a buried cable to that box from the nearest Hydro box down the street. There's a cleared area behind the Hydro box big enough for the V3 gear if Portage and Brandon are anything to go by. The Hydro box says it's 5,000kg - so I suspect it's a fairly substantial piece of equipment. It's not there just to light the ramp.

And... someone from the construction trailer has said they were prepping for Tesla equipment even if one of the other work crews is not aware of it.

• Informative
Reactions: otter and Andy O
Drove by just after noon today and saw MB Hydro wiring the Xfmr. Didn't have a chance to quiz them.

Attachments

• Winnipeg Xfmr C.jpg
    Winnipeg Xfmr C.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 205
Reactions: Andy O and Big Earl
I went there today and talked with the same man I talked with a month ago. I found out I had some wrong ideas, but got some more news. He, and PCL Construction, are working on the parking ramp and he only knows about the Tesla project by rumour and because their trailer and equipment is, or was, on the Tesla location. He believes there is one Tesla crew doing all the nearby installs. They did Portage La Prairie then moved east, skipping Winnipeg because his trailer was on the site, will continue to the east, then return to do Winnipeg. The project manager there is the operator of the shopping centre.

I went there today and talked with the same man I talked with a month ago. I found out I had some wrong ideas, but got some more news. He, and PCL Construction, are working on the parking ramp and he only knows about the Tesla project by rumour and because their trailer and equipment is, or was, on the Tesla location. He believes there is one Tesla crew doing all the nearby installs. They did Portage La Prairie then moved east, skipping Winnipeg because his trailer was on the site, will continue to the east, then return to do Winnipeg. The project manager there is the operator of the shopping centre.

Ah. Makes more sense. The ramp/top level parking is almost done, they removed the ramp scaffolding a few days ago.

More interesting is "the crew went east". they finished Prawda a few weeks ago. I wonder if they kept going east from there? I suspect since the Sault Ste Marie crew indicated a month ago that they were headed northwest, whether there's more TransCanada site prep we're not hearing about?