Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Winnipeg, MB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the other posted equipment is on site.. walked around no sign of pedestals but 4 tall and 1 small white boxes
IMG_20191020_232544.jpg
IMG_20191020_232628.jpg
IMG_20191020_232544.jpg

This would be more useful to me than a charger in my hometown.
That's the way I feel about Portage and Winnipeg as well as Grand Forks & Fargo. Heck, all of ND & MT as those are on my traveling routes.

I don't really give a HOOT about Brandon, but I report for others that care :D

There were pedestals on the trailer in Prawda as well as in Brandon when they dropped off the major equipment. Pedestals would be too easy to disappear as they are much lighter.
Looking like all locations will get fired up in November. Fingers crossed.

• Love
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Was there about 11:40 today. They were compacting dirt and limestone.
Thinking it will take a few more days of work before concrete gets poured and asphalt laid.
Saw a Model X watching at the same time, but had an appointment so never spoke, just waved.
Also passed by both Portage & Brandon today. The equipment is still sitting as previous pictures show with no work being done in either place.

I decided to look up the issued permits for Polo Park. There is one that reads:

2019-10-21
19 193885 EC 1485
Portage AVE Other Electrical.
Install 8 vehicle charging post, along with associate service equipment to power them. Installation is done using underground conduit between equipment.

I presume this is the Tesla chargers, but you cant look up who took out the permit. The Winnipeg counselor for Charleswood by the name of Kevin Klein said the following:

I have had a recent meeting with industry stakeholders and was told that there were too many hurdles we’ll say. This can’t continue, we spend millions on a few different economic development groups? Time to evaluate the services, costs and approach to attracting businesses

I made the effort to confirm what I can b/c it goes entirely against what seems to be being built here. This getting built out as well as the others down hwy 1 are a big factor in me eventually getting a Tesla. wtf is an "industry stakeholder" that this guy refers too?

Hey Joe, Welcome to the forum. All the new Super Chargers in Canada are V3. Pretty sure most of the ones just south of us are V3 also. Had they poured concrete yet?
Now all you need to do is order your Christmas present. Don't get worried about the negative Nellie's on the forum. I dealt with a young lady (Alyssa) in Calgary and the process was a treat.

Hey Joe, Welcome to the forum. All the new Super Chargers in Canada are V3. Pretty sure most of the ones just south of us are V3 also. Had they poured concrete yet?
Now all you need to do is order your Christmas present. Don't get worried about the negative Nellie's on the forum. I dealt with a young lady (Alyssa) in Calgary and the process was a treat.

"All" TransCanada and some Provincial Highways at least are getting V3 250kW for quicker stops as you travel along them.
Most of the city ones have either been Urban 72kW or V2 150kW.
North Surrey got 12 Urban 72kW.
Even Blaine, just south of the border for 8 x V2 150kW, but it's less than an hour to Burlington south.
Upcoming Richmond (ETA end of November) is 20 x V2 150kW.
Hopefully they put at least 150kW in South Surrey and Chilliwack.

Reactions: bolero
I must have just missed then as they went to lunch.
What's that behind the digger bucket that looks like some grey conduits in a round concrete sonotube base? All the other sites I've looked at had just the square bases...
Looks like one or two pedestal bases still need concrete?
(And as I understand concrete, you have to wait a day or two to cure the concrete before putting a lot of weight on it?)
IMG_4066.jpg
IMG_4067.jpg
IMG_4068.jpg

What's that behind the digger bucket that looks like some grey conduits in a round concrete sonotube base? All the other sites I've looked at had just the square bases...
Looks like one or two pedestal bases still need concrete?
View attachment 470645
I'm going to guess the power meter - it's single conduit up and down, and it looks very close to the big transformer, so that would be a good site for one.

Thanks @djmakk for looking up the permit. It looks to me like the delay in construction at that time was due to waiting for the permit and not because of the rain, and the councillor’s comment may have meant that the construction company complained to him about the process.

Checked out the site Friday evening and cabinets moved onto pads and pedestals (and many spools of cables) appear to have arrived on site as well! Fingers crossed all the work is done this week, but then the hard part will be waiting for everything to be energized!

Attachments

• 20191101_210628.jpg
    20191101_210628.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 20191101_210621.jpg
    20191101_210621.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 20191101_210727.jpg
    20191101_210727.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 20191101_210426.jpg
    20191101_210426.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 68
  • 20191101_210354.jpg
    20191101_210354.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 20191101_210249.jpg
    20191101_210249.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 63
I saw this, googled where Prince Albert SK was, had a bit of a WTF moment thinking that it was a new supercharger site. It appears to be the head depot of the company doing the build work. But does that mean that all the Tesla components are literally shipped to Prince Albert before being delivered to each individual site? Seems like ridiculous for logistics.
Yeah that seems to be the contractor with the black "Kohler Generators" trailer. They did all the work from Saskatchewan, east as far as Prawda MB (maybe Kenora ON too?). I'm going with the rediculous logistics option.