Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Winter Park, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Supercharger at Wawa
901 N Orlando Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789

Permit ADD-20-0020
CSS
Screenshot 2021-02-24 143047.png

It looks like they are finished with construction and waiting on inspection. Here are some additional photos.
12 Tesla Superchargers located on the back end of the Wawa. This is a good location, long over due. It is 5 minutes from the Orlando (Eatonville) Sales Center / Service Center / Body Shop and 2 minutes from the I-4 interstate exit. I do have a slight concern that many of these Superchargers will get ICED in the mornings and lunch time as this is a busy Wawa location.
20210302_105652.jpg
20210302_105659.jpg

Reactions: BrownMS and mociaf9
This pic shows the entire Winter Park charging site soon to open. Not surprised to find this morning a SuperCharger being ICE'd already. Parking is popular in the rear of Wawa since they have an access door in the back of store also. I was tempted to leave an unofficial preprinted ticket in the offending ICE windshield but since the chargers are not open yet, I let it slide.
WinterPark_FL_SChargers1.JPG

This pic shows the entire Winter Park charging site soon to open. Not surprised to find this morning a SuperCharger being ICE'd already. Parking is popular in the rear of Wawa since they have an access door in the back of store also. I was tempted to leave an unofficial preprinted ticket in the offending ICE windshield but since the chargers are not open yet, I let it slide. View attachment 643353
I am interested on these pre-printed tickets. Do you have an image of this? 😂

This pic shows the entire Winter Park charging site soon to open. Not surprised to find this morning a SuperCharger being ICE'd already. Parking is popular in the rear of Wawa since they have an access door in the back of store also. I was tempted to leave an unofficial preprinted ticket in the offending ICE windshield but since the chargers are not open yet, I let it slide. View attachment 643353

It was nice of you to restrain yourself. He was parked in a general parking space.

CourtesyNotice_By_Evannex.JPG

My response to xkctr8se: There are a few ICE / ticket type notices created by various folks I have seen over the years.​

Evannex Aftermarket Tesla Accessories has a friendly one on their site www.evannex.com you can get. On their site, select a model, then speciality items.​

My response to Big Earl bnkwupt: The white vehicle in the distance was clearly in front of a Tesla supercharger in the pic I posted (3rd pic) near the Wawa sign. I think you were looking at the first pic of the grey vehicle in a general parking spot that was posted earlier by h2oAok.​

My response to Big Earl bnkwupt: The white vehicle in the distance was clearly in front of a Tesla supercharger in the pic I posted (3rd pic) near the Wawa sign. I think you were looking at the first pic of the grey vehicle in a general parking spot that was posted earlier by h2oAok.​

The white Volvo, right? The sign says 15 minute general parking. The spaces are not exclusively for Tesla charging.

E8B9DEEE-7724-474A-9DA8-7F7844BF895E.jpeg

A clear example of one of the signs that is similar to the one in front of the Volvo.

C2274F54-0322-4CF9-9F1D-AE5F4F7638CD.jpeg

This pic shows the entire Winter Park charging site soon to open. Not surprised to find this morning a SuperCharger being ICE'd already. Parking is popular in the rear of Wawa since they have an access door in the back of store also. I was tempted to leave an unofficial preprinted ticket in the offending ICE windshield but since the chargers are not open yet, I let it slide.
This is going to be a problem at the suspected Wawa SC in Sanford. That parking lot is almost always full as it is. It’s going to be ICE city simply because parking is already limited.

Big Earl was correct. 15 minute general parking at this Wawa which will be a problem as Telsa production ramps up as irish26 indicated. I don't recall during my past charging at other Wawa stores, do all or some of them allow this also? To obtain a great Wawa location near the interstate and eateries etc, I bet that Tesla perhaps had to allow general parking in order to secure a given location. The car I had questioned had plenty of other spaces available to select from that were NOT in front of a supercharger. This leads me to believe that there will be some anti-EV / anti-Green folks that might park in charging spots just because they can, don't care or are oblivious when parking.
I wonder how they might feel if EVs could park at a gas pump for up to 15 minutes, potentially blocking them from getting gas?

Big Earl was correct. 15 minute general parking at this Wawa which will be a problem as Telsa production ramps up as irish26 indicated. I don't recall during my past charging at other Wawa stores, do all or some of them allow this also? To obtain a great Wawa location near the interstate and eateries etc, I bet that Tesla perhaps had to allow general parking in order to secure a given location. The car I had questioned had plenty of other spaces available to select from that were NOT in front of a supercharger. This leads me to believe that there will be some anti-EV / anti-Green folks that might park in charging spots just because they can, don't care or are oblivious when parking.
I wonder how they might feel if EVs could park at a gas pump for up to 15 minutes, potentially blocking them from getting gas?
Most(all?) Wawa's have this 15 min general parking sign at the Superchargers. Most people who stop at Wawa are in and out quickly, so it's generally not an issue, at least I've never had a problem at any Wawa I've charged at. You can't expect a store like Wawa with a small parking lot to allow parking slots to sit empty waiting for a Tesla to charge. That would be a really great way to stoke anti EV sentiment.

Does anyone know if they have off peak rates here (and the times)? I just got my car this week and needed to charge at 5:00pm on Wednesday. It was $.37/kw. That seems high. Is there a way to find out rates and times at SC’s?