Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lake Delton, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger is coming soon to the Dells!! 12 PSU stalls are being added at the Culver's restaurant off I-90.

Permits have been issued for construction as well as for the relocation of the dumpsters (see plans to know what I mean)

Wisconsin Dells cover.jpg

Wisconsin Dells above wide.jpg

Wisconsin Dells above.jpg

Wisconsin Dells before addition.jpg

Attachments

• Wisconsin Dells Cover Page.pdf
    148.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Wisconsin Dells Above View.pdf
    91.6 KB · Views: 127
Marco,
I can’t believe you found this so quickly given the difficulties finding info for Wisconsin locations.

It’s 14 miles from my home. I’ll never need to use it. But, It will be great for all the folks visiting this very high traffic tourist area. Lots of food options nearby. The Starbucks is 150 yards west in the mini strip mall across the street. It’ll be interesting watching the construction pace given the use of PSU’s. I wonder how must construction time gets shaved off vs. a traditional basic site built installation. I keep the construction process updated weekly once it starts. I would expect this site to be live before Memorial Weekend. Most construction work in this area is done during the off season. Oct-Mid May.

I-90, I-94

Lake Delton, WI

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Culver’s
Along Primary Interstates: I-90/I-94
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-12
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-90/I-94

To: Madison - East Washington Ave, WI - 45.7 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles
To: Madison - East Towne Mall, WI - 45.1 miles

US-12

To: Madison - Whitney Way, WI - 47.2 miles
Diversion: 0.4 miles
To: Lake Geneva, WI - 121.6 miles

Density on I-90/I-94 and US-12.

In the Minocqua, WI supercharger post someone said the supercharging team is looking at putting one near Stevens Point. I would love to see this as Madison to Wausau could be a stretch in the winter time.
My primary reason for thinking Coloma is that, in addition to filling a gap on 39, it also improves east-west planning by filling a gap on 21 between Oshkosh and Tomah. Yes, I drove 21 through here in December.

In the Minocqua, WI supercharger post someone said the supercharging team is looking at putting one near Stevens Point. I would love to see this as Madison to Wausau could be a stretch in the winter time.
Madison to Wausau in winter is definitely a stretch, but I do it all the time to head to Eagle River and I've never made it to Wausau under 10% charge, even on the coldest of days. I am definitely excited for the Minocqua location to go live - then I won't have to slow charge so long at the cabin. This Dells location is awesome as well, since it's a PITA to go to Mauston to charge then come back into the Dells.

Reactions: MattChristian
4/16/2022 Update: construction continues with all below ground conduit in place. I expect PSU’s on site soon.

I spoke with the manager on duty at Culvers to inquire about expected completion. He said, the project was running behind due to the contractor who was responsible for new concrete parking area, poured the wrong size area. 4 to 5 feet had to cut away and removed the entire length of the pad. This is where the PSU’s will be placed. It is evident by photos in my prior post. The PSU is supposed to be between the new pad and light post per the site plan layout.

Need construction cone on Supercharge.info.
@corywright @MarcoRP @Chuk

9D25DE5A-84C3-4028-88EB-3F3B5E715F19.jpeg
0673182D-CBEA-4E4C-AFBA-E8EC5DA957E9.jpeg
8DA620E9-737E-4936-A8B3-DE47CFF838A1.jpeg
A859075C-69D7-4294-878F-E22C03C2F5A8.jpeg
140FC47D-FAE5-4E44-B067-A562EA715E22.jpeg
E4B2B814-E13D-447B-B978-CB734CD76914.jpeg
B4AAF032-3E3C-4E9E-AF78-4765D92A8048.jpeg

Attachments

• 7027A375-0C30-46EF-8E54-B5FEC63AD6D0.jpeg
    7027A375-0C30-46EF-8E54-B5FEC63AD6D0.jpeg
    946.6 KB · Views: 100
A new Supercharger is coming soon to the Dells!! 12 PSU stalls are being added at the Culver's restaurant off I-90.

Permits have been issued for construction as well as for the relocation of the dumpsters (see plans to know what I mean)

FYI, the "discuss" link does not point to this thread.
It points here: https:// supercharge . info/service/supercharge/discuss?siteId=4026

FB1uzbG.jpg

All the discuss links point to an internal SC.info url, but clicking on the link redirects out to the TMC (or other forum location) where discussion is being held. So, clicking on that particular "discuss" link does in fact take you to this thread, though not directly.
Strange that I've used it a bunch before. I'm getting the HTTP Status 400 now in Chrome but working in incognito mode, Brave, FireFox.
Something must have changed in my environment. tap tap tap .... looks like it was a "Neat URL" extension. (Neat URL cleans URLs, removing parameters such as Google Analytics' utm parameters.) --- I added supercharge.info to the preferences extension list to ignore and now works again.