Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woburn, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove through today, Chick Fil-A is almost done, Grill 101 is open, but there is still no sign of supercharger construction. Most of the hotel and surrounding lot is still under heavy construction through so hopefully it will appear afterwards.
I'm really wondering if this is still on the table, or if we see something in Lynn or Burlington (or all three?).
Still really no superchargers on the north side of Boston. (I don't count any that are in a paid parking garage!)

I drove by, that was definitely not the supercharger.

I drove around and honestly have no idea where they will go. There is a big lot by the side of hotel that seems to have some electrical run to it, but was too far away to know for sure.

I drove around the outside of the construction fence Sunday and didn't see anything either. There is quite a bit of hardscape and other construction material for the hotel and grounds still stockpiled around what will be the hotel parking lot. My guess is that some of that needs to be used up and/or otherwise moved for yet to be completed projects so that the Supercharger area is clear to begin installation. The hotel building is pretty far along so I think all the stuff on the parking lot will start to move out and clear out soon too.

I drove around the outside of the construction fence Sunday and didn't see anything either. There is quite a bit of hardscape and other construction material for the hotel and grounds still stockpiled around what will be the hotel parking lot. My guess is that some of that needs to be used up and/or otherwise moved for yet to be completed projects so that the Supercharger area is clear to begin installation. The hotel building is pretty far along so I think all the stuff on the parking lot will start to move out and clear out soon too.

Exactly my thoughts. Hopefully V3:)

How sure are all of you that a SC is actually going into this spot? What proof do we have?
The most recent hard info for this location is from January 2018. Links to equivalent but slightly earlier documents can be found in the opening post of this thread. Since then, we've been assuming it's still planned but waiting for the primary construction in the area to be completed first. There hasn't been any other obvious activity, neither documentary nor physical. This is more-or-less exactly what one might expect to see if Tesla was going to build there but was waiting (e.g. for the construction to be completed first). It is also more-or-less exactly what one might expect to see if Tesla decided to drop the location. No way to distinguish between the two. Until we see some action or Woburn publishes another document referencing the project we're waiting in the dark.

• Informative
Reactions: Lobstahz
I hope you're wrong. The Woburn station is a key location along I-93, not so much along 128/95, especially since the next Supercharger along 93 south of Woburn is the Cambridge one, the latter with pay parking only. 128/95 in the Woburn-Wakefield stretch gets jammed up regularly these days, owing to the 128/95 Reading lane drop northbound and the 128 to 93N ramp headed south on 128/95. It won't be all that easy for people going up and down 93 to detour to the Lynnfield Supercharger since that means going through the 128/95/93 interchange rather than simply getting off/on 93 via Montvale Ave if traffic that way is better.

Last edited:
I hope you're wrong. The Woburn station is a key location along I-93, not so much along 128/95, especially since the next Supercharger along 93 south of Woburn is the Cambridge one, the latter with pay parking only. 128/95 in the Woburn-Wakefield stretch gets jammed up regularly these days, owing to the 128/95 Reading lane drop northbound and the 128 to 93N ramp headed south on 128/95. It won't be all that easy for people going up and down 93 to detour to the Lynnfield Supercharger since that means going through the 128/95/93 interchange rather than simply getting off/on 93 via Montvale Ave if traffic that way is better.

100% agree and hope I’m wrong.

For me, the use case would be: I can snag some electrons on the way to Logan, let the car sit for a few days with Sentry Mode on, and then be able to steal some electrons on the way back home, without having to go into the city looking for a charger.

Reactions: chjch