Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woburn, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I managed to find a path into the hotel parking lot and did a complete walkthrough this morning. Parking lot construction is now well underway. There is, however, no sign of Supercharger hardware on site. I’m guessing we will see it arrive very soon... This is a cookie cutter SC location... Hampton Inn, Chick Filet, organic burger joint, right at major highway intersection... and sign now hung saying hotel opens in the fall...

Stopped in for a visit tonight... The construction fence around the hotel is mostly down now... most parking lot curb work is done... there are, however, two large straight section not curbed... Entire lot still not paved... The hotel exterior looks done, interior work is nearing completion... I’m convinced this supercharger is very much still happening.... I’ll take a guess and say it will be done by the same contractor that just finished Lynnfield.

Stopped in for a visit tonight... The construction fence around the hotel is mostly down now... most parking lot curb work is done... there are, however, two large straight section not curbed... Entire lot still not paved... The hotel exterior looks done, interior work is nearing completion... I’m convinced this supercharger is very much still happening.... I’ll take a guess and say it will be done by the same contractor that just finished Lynnfield.
Thanks for the update - debated on swinging through on the way back from Lynnfield this evening. I agree it will probably be done by the same contractor that did Lynnfield if it's still on Tesla's list (it should be - good location).

I just dropped by here, and I've got to say - I don't think this is happening. They're starting the landscaping around the edges of the parking lot, and there's no sign that I can see of any digging or Tesla equipment. That said, there's still a big pile of dirt they're working through, so maybe.... In any case we should know pretty quickly, as I'm guessing that the parking lot will be done in a few weeks.

I drove around where 110 Grill / Red Robin / Hotels are and there are zero signs of Tesla chargers. I'm kinda shocked that nothing is happening in Burlington or Woburn (especially given the lack of chargers on the north shore, except for Lynnfield)

Reactions: JWardell
Stopped by today, and I'm 99% sure there's not going to be any supercharger here. The construction is completely finished - all restaurants are open, the hotel is occupied, all the landscaping is done, and there is no indication of any supercharger equipment or activity. I suppose one could be added, but I find it very hard to believe that the site wouldn't be prepped at the same time as all the other construction was going on.

Sorry to say - looks like this one fell through for some reason.

Stopped by today, and I'm 99% sure there's not going to be any supercharger here. The construction is completely finished - all restaurants are open, the hotel is occupied, all the landscaping is done, and there is no indication of any supercharger equipment or activity. I suppose one could be added, but I find it very hard to believe that the site wouldn't be prepped at the same time as all the other construction was going on.

Sorry to say - looks like this one fell through for some reason.

I agree, and I think Lynnfield was the nail in the coffin. But I only think the need is fulfilled if a supercharger is added at the Burlington mall as well.

Reactions: Tdreamer
I think the Woburn area close to the intersection of 95 and 93 is still an ideal location. That is a major intersection that covers both travel towards New Hampshire and Maine from Boston. Hopefully they can find a location close to that intersection that works for them. I think Burlington mall is too far from that intersection for a travel supercharger. It would be a good location for an urban charger setup though.

There is a dialog underway between Simon Malls and Tesla regarding a future Supercharger at the Burlington Mall, but details of where they are at in those discussions weren’t shared. It sounded like the interest was mutual however. I don’t think there is any debate about it being a good location either. I do think having Woburn in addition to Burlington would be nice to see.

• Informative
Reactions: emupilot
I think the Woburn area close to the intersection of 95 and 93 is still an ideal location. That is a major intersection that covers both travel towards New Hampshire and Maine from Boston. Hopefully they can find a location close to that intersection that works for them. I think Burlington mall is too far from that intersection for a travel supercharger. It would be a good location for an urban charger setup though.

I think it would make much more sense to place one exit north of the cloverleaf in the Target/Starbucks parking lot. Much easier and faster to get to from the highway, with better food and shopping. The current Woburn location is a nightmare to get to from 3/4 highway directions and traffic is terrible.

The Burlington Mall would still be an excellent location for a travel charger since its at the intersection of 95 and Rt 3 to Nashua and points north.

Just noticed there are now superchargers at the Market Street mall in Lynnfield, off I95 exit 42 (where Whole Foods is). 8 chargers.
And they are already very busy (full or close to much of the time). I think the Woburn interchange still makes sense given density of traffic - an exit N/S/E/W is harder to get to for everyone given the massive traffic. Agree Burlington would also make sense, but it seems nothing is pending for either area right now.