Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woburn, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was there today and was pleasantly startled when I rounded the corner of the building where the Superchargers are to be installed and saw fences up and materials there! :) Until I realized it was probably just a staging area for roofing work the store is having done.:(

Attachments

• 1EB49109-1C6F-4F67-974B-339C626D4C94.jpeg
    1EB49109-1C6F-4F67-974B-339C626D4C94.jpeg
    500.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 4DD1B3BC-E25A-4673-A02F-2E4605669B01.jpeg
    4DD1B3BC-E25A-4673-A02F-2E4605669B01.jpeg
    667.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
No permit had been pulled as of November 1st. Pretty sure that needs to happen before there is any chance of something showing up onsite (ie. dig-safe markings and then eventually construction).
Still no permit pulled as of 12/1 for this site. Stoughton's permit was pulled 11/6 so it seems likely that location may start construction before Woburn (if it hasn't already started).

• Informative
Reactions: JATinNH
FYI: site plan update requested by the town was an ADA change. Woburn should have the updated plan back from Tesla very soon with an assumption it will finally be cleared and a construction permit issued shortly thereafter (likely within the next couple of weeks).
No change - Woburn is still awaiting an updated site plan from Tesla.

Coming up on the all-too-soon expiration of referral miles, and it would be nice to zip right up to Woburn to charge. Also seems weird that coming down Rt 3 into Boston as I often do from Nashua, you have to divert way over to Lynnfield to charge. A 93&128 supercharger should have been one of the first in the area, not one of the last.

Coming up on the all-too-soon expiration of referral miles, and it would be nice to zip right up to Woburn to charge. Also seems weird that coming down Rt 3 into Boston as I often do from Nashua, you have to divert way over to Lynnfield to charge. A 93&128 supercharger should have been one of the first in the area, not one of the last.

What is 128? Oh you mean I95! Just shows you've lived in the area a long time. :) Oh and I do agree with your post.

• Funny
Reactions: Tdreamer
In the almost 3 1/2 years since I got my Tesla, the area below has had ONLY 2 new Superchargers added, Leominster and Lynnfield. And yet, I-495, I-93 and Rt 3 are major routes traversing this area. Yes, Littleton is now coming up and hopefully Woburn too, but what the heck, Tesla? There will still be nothing between Littleton and Seabrook, and even if Woburn comes up, nothing between it and Hooksett. And ditto for Rt 3, nothing between Burlington and Hooksett. Ok, I understand it's only 44 miles from Littleton to Seabrook, well within the range of any Tesla, but it seems to me a SC at the I-495/I-93 junction would be a priority as it serves both the East-West as well as the North-South travel arteries.

Being familiar with the area, it may be that they are just looking for too perfect a place for the SC, at least on I-495. They seem to want a large shopping complex or modern plaza with good food facilities, and it can be somewhat spotty along I-495. Or maybe the local towns are just being asses about the permits, etc. But come on, we need some love in this area!!

sc.jpg

In the almost 3 1/2 years since I got my Tesla, the area below has had ONLY 2 new Superchargers added, Leominster and Lynnfield. And yet, I-495, I-93 and Rt 3 are major routes traversing this area. Yes, Littleton is now coming up and hopefully Woburn too, but what the heck, Tesla? There will still be nothing between Littleton and Seabrook, and even if Woburn comes up, nothing between it and Hooksett. And ditto for Rt 3, nothing between Burlington and Hooksett. Ok, I understand it's only 44 miles from Littleton to Seabrook, well within the range of any Tesla, but it seems to me a SC at the I-495/I-93 junction would be a priority as it serves both the East-West as well as the North-South travel arteries.

Being familiar with the area, it may be that they are just looking for too perfect a place for the SC, at least on I-495. They seem to want a large shopping complex or modern plaza with good food facilities, and it can be somewhat spotty along I-495. Or maybe the local towns are just being asses about the permits, etc. But come on, we need some love in this area!!

View attachment 639330

It's 44 miles between littleton and seabrook... Just how fast are you going?

• Informative
Reactions: jlv1