Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wodonga VIC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see frequent comments about ICE cars at this supercharger in Facebook groups, as well as another thread here on TMC, I'll repost here what I said in response to one of those:

----

The agreement with council is that Tesla could build 6 stalls, only 2 would be reserved, and the other 4 would permit ICE cars to park in them for maximum 1 hour. Tesla were happy with this agreement when they first built the supercharger, presumably because they were running out of options at the time. That was the agreement at the time and that's the way it is - the ICE vehicles are doing precisely what they're allowed to do.

The difference is that now with the Model 3 arriving, demand has spiked, awareness of Tesla has grown and there are probably other councils/businesses that would be keen to host a supercharger site. Council/Tesla need to come to some agreement about it. As it is, people are avoiding Wodonga (opting for Barnawartha North, or skipping the area altogether). Wodonga Council should be reminded that "Letting Tesla relocate the supercharger to another town (e.g. Albury)" is one of the possible options that should be considered. The Council then need to decide if this is an arrangement that they are happy with.

Reactions: baillies
IMG_8035.jpeg

Dropped in to have a look at the wodonga superchargers today.
Easy to find location behind “the cube” near the council offices and the main shopping strip.
Ill be back when i have my m3h and its good to suss out the chargers :)

Wondering... which is better Wodonga or Albury if trying to minimise time off the highway?.
Google Maps says that northound, Wodonga Supercharger adds 12 minutes and Albury Supercharger adds 10 minutes. Southbound, they both add 12 minutes.

So overall basically a wash but Albury Supercharger will have less waiting and faster charging, so that'd be the one to hit for preference.

Reactions: johnchidgey
Google Maps says that northound, Wodonga Supercharger adds 12 minutes and Albury Supercharger adds 10 minutes. Southbound, they both add 12 minutes.

So overall basically a wash but Albury Supercharger will have less waiting and faster charging, so that'd be the one to hit for preference.
I didnt get a chance to get into see the physical chargers in albury, is the carpark free and open 24/7?

Being ex-army i frequented the other end of dean street more often aka The Ritz and The Basement haha

When we charged there about 2:00pm Friday the car park was sparsely used on the lower level and on the charge level 2 there was 3 cars plugged in (Model X, Model 3, Ioniq 5 then us MYP).
There seemed to be chargers everywhere (16 I think)
Park open 24/7 and free as far as I know (no entry barrier, payment device etc that I could see)

Attachments

• IMG_0640.jpeg
    IMG_0640.jpeg
    435.4 KB · Views: 14